• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Newmar just doesn’t seem to get it!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On our DS there are actually two white cords plugged into 120v outlets, one for each awning.
Correct t! We did not opt for the second awning. One seems to be more than enough to deal with! :rolleyes:

TJ

On our DS there are actually two white cords plugged into 120v outlets, one for each awning.
Same here.
20210528_160038.jpg

I have posted this before. Adding these switched plugs makes it easy to turn the awnings on/off.
222DEDE1-2C80-4864-83CB-10A75003D7C1.jpeg
121B4717-C535-413B-B495-F1C5D8857573.jpeg
On my coach I could just flip the GFI in the halfbath vanity ( it controls the plug where the awnings are plugged in) if I didn’t care that other outlets would also be affected.

I have posted this before. Adding these switched plugs makes it easy to turn the awnings on/off.
If only they were available with the switch on the left side when plugged in. All the ones I’ve seen have the switch on the right side where it would be hidden from sight in the cargo bay of our coach. There were a couple with the switch on top, but again, it would be hidden from view in our coach.

I can visually confirm that the plug has been pulled. ;)

TJ

If only they were available with the switch on the left side when plugged in. All the ones I’ve seen have the switch on the right side where it would be hidden from sight in the cargo bay of our coach. There were a couple with the switch on top, but again, it would be hidden from view in our coach.

TJ
No problem as I’m going to rotate my receptacle180 degrees

TJ
You might consider these:

I suppose rotating the outlet would be an option. That would put the switch on the outboard side.

TJ
I’m with TJ. I have just unplugged mine and keep them that way until they are used.

NOW if you could put the outlet on a remote…Oh wait…

Those outlets should be on a breaker.

Latest resources

Back