• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Thanks, @sheridany; me too!

TJ

We are now at Premier RV Services in Junction City, Oregon. The good news is that we are here, and that the new Girard awning is also here and the guys are working on installing it.

The not-so-good news is that the center AC unit has been diagnosed as terminal (locked up compressor) and replacements are hard to find right now. They are trying, but it doesn’t look good for finding one. We can limp home on two ACs in this hot weather, but if another one fails we’ll be in trouble. Right now, going to our Polson lot is out of the question.

And, the saga of not being able to shut the engine off continues. It happened again this morning (the sixth occurrence now) and not even the chassis battery switch would kill it. (I did later find out that if I am plugged into shore power…and I was…that might prevent the chassis battery switch from doing its thing.) Because having the engine running prevented me from bringing in the bedroom slide (the others came in…go figure), I called Premier RV Services and they sent a tech to the RV park to see what he could do, Naturally, the second time he turned off the key, the engine quit. We brought the coach over here to the shop and they’ve tried 15-20 times to get the problem to recur and it won’t. ARGHHHHH!!!

The techs here are still waiting for a call back from Spartan (it has been nearly four hours now, but it is Monday) for help in diagnosing the problem. Customer (or “technical”) service sure isn’t what it used to be.

We are looking forward to getting all the known issues resolved so that we can sell the coach. We’re just tired of having to deal with a slew of continuing problems. It was a good coach for three years, but has been going through a bad phase over the past few weeks. I’m sure we’ll eventually get things resolved, but waiting for the other shoe to drop has lost its charm!

TJ

Good Luck. Assuming, key switch does not go through a relay in starting/shutting down engine. if it does, assume one for start, one for stop? Otherwise, either signal is NOT getting to the fuel pump solenoid to close it, or to the correct part for that to happen. Please advise all, if situation is remedied. You are confirming all the things being told by folks in the know, about supply chain, and had a/c been made in USA, (assumed not), then their would have been enough in chain to keep things going for while. Since assume overseas for at least compressor/system, then that will be awhile for resolutions.

I still say go to Polson. Enjoy that RV and your site one last hooraaaah. It will be fine. If you don't go then it won't cool off in the northwest, you have to go for the temps to drop!

Not going to Polson, @Neal; at least not now. We will limp back up to the sticks ‘n bricks in Washington and wait for a new AC to arrive. Hopefully, we can get Spartan to call back and help diagnose the engine non-shut-off issue. If we can resolve all the issues in the next couple of months (and, the lot doesn’t sell—we’ll list it next week) then we’ll go back for a little while.

We hate to give up the RV life, but the uncertainty associated with this coach at the present time just makes it untenable for us to travel. :cry:

TJ

Latest resources

Back