• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Now what? Can’t shut engine off

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Most likely smaller and in the fuse box. Not sure how spartan does their electrical, but FL has 2 fuse boxes at rear for the PDM and engine accessories. Should be in that location and labeled on the chart.

This is not your part but it may look like this one

If you find the cutoff solenoid and are able to get to it while the engine is running, try disconnecting the solenoid wires. If the engine stops, the problem may be elsewhere.

Last edited:
I hadn't considered that it may be a combined unit...if that's the case, it is on the engine block itself.

Oh no! Jim, this sucks! So sorry to hear of these problems, and on such a beautiful coach as well. I'm sure it'll work out, but that doesn't change the irritation of having to worry about an unresolved issue as your driving. Good luck buddy!

Here is a couple of options. I am leaning towards the 12v version, although they look the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-162627_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-162627_eBay.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210612-162550_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-162550_Firefox.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 13
This should all be under warranty AFAIK. If not, I’ll drag out the checkbook.
Is your warranty period still active? I thought it was only for 3 years. Perhaps you got your coach late in the model year. Mine expired 6 months ago.
The ”check engine“ light is now on and the regular cruise control is disabled.
You should be able to access the fault code on the Spartan message bar and on the Silverleaf console display. I believe it’s available under the chassis screens. Recently I had my ACC disabled due to an ABS wheel sensor issue which was easily resolved.

We took delivery on July1, 2018. I‘ve been told that ours was the last 2018 Mountain Aire to roll off the line; the next one was a 2019. That would just get us just inside the 3-y,ear window, If it is a Spartan issue, isn’t it a 5-year coverage?

TJ

Is your warranty period still active? I thought it was only for 3 years. Perhaps you got your coach late in the model year. Mine expired 6 months ago.

You should be able to access the fault code on the Spartan message bar and on the Silverleaf console display. I believe it’s available under the chassis screens. Recently I had my ACC disabled due to an ABS wheel sensor issue which was easily resolved.
Are you talking about the “RV-C diagnostic codes?” If so, it says “No Faults” but I still have a Check Engine light showing.

TJ

No. The console display to the right of driver. See attached picture which shows an old fault when I had my DEF head replaced. If you press the view button to bring up the display and then the chassis button will cycle through a few screens, one which has chassis fault codes.

Attachments

• 8CC3710E-9E14-44E3-BA19-847175215427.jpeg
    8CC3710E-9E14-44E3-BA19-847175215427.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 14

Latest resources

Back