• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Our 2023-2024 Southern Migration Trip

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Trish told me the high is going to be 72. What glorious words. I think I'll trim my banana tree today. :)

DSCN3319.JPG

I’ve been unable to determine why Silverleaf says “No AC Input”. Checked breakers, fuses and even changed from the Oasis Node Board to the backup board they leave attached to the Oasis (on Silverleaf models)

Waiting on a return call from the Oasis folks.

View attachment 21952
The info provided is limited, so some of the questions may seem irrelevant.

The 'No AC Input' is a normal message. It indicates, either there is no 110v available, or when there is 110v, the oasis fluid is at temp, hence the AC elements are turned off. When oasis fluid temp drops below set min, the AC elements will turn on.

I see the burner appears to be off? Have you tried the burner to see if it functions?

Simple question, is there hot water? also, is the SL configured for primary heat, secondary heat or both?

You may also want to verify the SL settings to make sure all is setup correctly

The info provided is limited, so some of the questions may seem irrelevant.

The 'No AC Input' is a normal message. It indicates, either there is no 110v available, or when there is 110v, the oasis fluid is at temp, hence the AC elements are turned off. When oasis fluid temp drops below set min, the AC elements will turn on.

I see the burner appears to be off? Have you tried the burner to see if it functions?

Simple question, is there hot water? also, is the SL configured for primary heat, secondary heat or both?

You may also want to verify the SL settings to make sure all is setup correctly
I believe the Oasis temp is at temp. I say this because when I grab hold of the two red hoses that go into and out of the main unit, they are hot.

The burner functions, at least for a little while. I've heard it once in a while, but it only runs for a few minutes and then shuts off.

No hot water. Silver leaf was configured for both, but over the last couple of days, I've tried all configurations.

The only thing that has changed recently, is I no longer get a Zone Fault message at the top of the SL. It now says "Zones OK", "Heater OK", and "No AC Input".

Called a couple of mobile mechanics, but nobody wants to work on the Oasis for some reason.

I believe the Oasis temp is at temp. I say this because when I grab hold of the two red hoses that go into and out of the main unit, they are hot.

The burner functions, at least for a little while. I've heard it once in a while, but it only runs for a few minutes and then shuts off.

No hot water. Silver leaf was configured for both, but over the last couple of days, I've tried all configurations.

The only thing that has changed recently, is I no longer get a Zone Fault message at the top of the SL. It now says "Zones OK", "Heater OK", and "No AC Input".

Called a couple of mobile mechanics, but nobody wants to work on the Oasis for some reason.
Have you tried installing a maintenance kit? The five year kit has everything but there are 1 and 3 years kits avail (you probably already know this) but the point is you may have a bad flame sensor and the good news is that it’s undoubtedly maintenance issue and the work is easy and, dare I say, fun. Ok at least not unpleasant. So thats my rec - lots of how to videos ( guess thats called DIY these days) on you tube etc.

From your description, it sounds like, the oasis is upto temp. If the red hoses are hot, the oasis fluid is hot enough, hence the elec elements have no need to turn on and likewise, the burner kicks in for a short burst, then the fluid is hot enough, so it goes off. That all sounds normal.

For your oasis heat you may want to leave the oasis SL config to secondary heat source.
Also, have you tried to turn the summer loop on? If not, turn it on, see if that helps with hot water and oasis heat.

I'd also attempt a complete reset, just for try. reset the oasis and the SL

Amazon product ASIN B01N75RKTE
ehhh, 5 year service kit out of stock, 1 year service kit is available

Amazon product ASIN B015GBQGH8
You don't need a mechanic or look for a RV mobile tech. You can do this yourself with some YouTube research first. It's not a complicated system.

On the side wall of the OASIS system is your distribution panel with LED lights. On top of that is a switch to override the system, i.e. forcibly run all pumps. Have you tried turning that ON and see what happens?

From your description, it sounds like, the oasis is upto temp. If the red hoses are hot, the oasis fluid is hot enough, hence the elec elements have no need to turn on and likewise, the burner kicks in for a short burst, then the fluid is hot enough, so it goes off. That all sounds normal.
I hadn’t thought of that. When the flame sensor is bad it only runs for a couple seconds.

@Jim watch this and you’ll be all set to do your own Oasis work:

This is where I’ve always bought service kits:

If there isn’t an error on the Oasis, and the Oasis isn’t running the heat in the coach, then it seems like there is a problem in the thermostat/SL that is preventing a signal from being sent to the Oasis to run the coach heat.
I don’t know the fancy SL type controls as our coach has the older thermostat on the wall setup.

Latest resources

Back