• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Our 2023-2024 Southern Migration Trip

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Day 1 of my trips coming out of non use is always a triage stop before getting to my destination. Both for organizing stuff I've thrown in the coach (i.e. amazon collections while in storage) and then it's repair time, then after day 1 it's usually smooth sailing ahead. I've just learned to be the norm for this RV adventure.
Ain't that the case! I spent so much time yesterday chasing hot water that I didn't get a lot of my packing done, so most everything this AM got tossed in some place where I told myself I would find it. Yeah, good luck with that, right?

Arrived at the campground a few minutes ago. No internet. No surprise, and no problem. Buddy (@GlampDaddy) and I wired my Starlink setup into the coach a couple of months ago. So all I have to do is open the generator slide and pull the cable out. But. . . the slide isn't coming out! I'll deal with that when I get to the resort tomorrow. Probably a fuse or something.

But as luck would have it, I had enough backup Starlink stuff in the truck that it only took a few minutes to get it setup and operational. The neighbors are struggling with Internet, we're streaming like spoiled folks. More good news, it's not going to get below 45, so the heat pumps will work.

Life is good, yes? :)

Ain't that the case! I spent so much time yesterday chasing hot water that I didn't get a lot of my packing done, so most everything this AM got tossed in some place where I told myself I would find it. Yeah, good luck with that, right?

Arrived at the campground a few minutes ago. No internet. No surprise, and no problem. Buddy (@GlampDaddy) and I wired my Starlink setup into the coach a couple of months ago. So all I have to do is open the generator slide and pull the cable out. But. . . the slide isn't coming out! I'll deal with that when I get to the resort tomorrow. Probably a fuse or something.

But as luck would have it, I had enough backup Starlink stuff in the truck that it only took a few minutes to get it setup and operational. The neighbors are struggling with Internet, we're streaming like spoiled folks. More good news, it's not going to get below 45, so the heat pumps will work.

Life is good, yes? :)
It sounds like things are looking up, good for you. Send pictures after you get settled in at Silver Springs. Safe travels.

We got here to find an awesome gift in the fridge from the previous owners. A nice bottle of wine, a couple of glasses, 3 very nice mugs and a handwritten letter congratulating us on our purchase and hoping that we have as many good times here as they have had.

I feel bad because we bought this place in March and then never made it back out until now (December). So my guess is they think we just ignored the good will behind their gift and that makes me feel bad. But anyhow, I'll dig up their email and let them know how much we apricate it and that we're having a great time so far.

There's a lot to be done. The small room, 12 x 15, along with some of the space under the 3 gazebos, will be remodeled and turned into a casita. Plumbing is partially in already, so it should be a pretty easy conversion.

On a side note, I haven't seen any snow or ice since I got here. lol :)

DSCN3296.JPG

DSCN3307.JPG

DSCN3311.JPG

DSCN3292.JPG

DSCN3295.JPG

Jim can be a real slacker when he’s on vacation! He probably won’t finish his upgrades until Tuesday or Wednesday unless Trish really pushes. ;)

I'm glad you're on vacation @Jim, when does the John Deere arrive?

There's a lot to be done. The small room, 12 x 15, along with some of the space under the 3 gazebos, will be remodeled and turned into a casita. Plumbing is partially in already, so it should be a pretty easy conversion.
When you buy a place like that, are you allowed to do work yourself or do you have to have a "licensed contractor" do it for you? That would absolutely kill me having to pay someone to do a lower quality job than I would on my own stuff.

When you buy a place like that, are you allowed to do work yourself or do you have to have a "licensed contractor" do it for you? That would absolutely kill me having to pay someone to do a lower quality job than I would on my own stuff.
This is only the second RV lot that I’ve bought and neither of them required that a contractor do the work. But they both require(ed) that we get the proper permits/inspections, and in some cases, that might mean it would be easier to use a contractor.

The previous owner built a large deck and set 3 - 12’ X 14’, prebuilt gazebos on it. When it came time to sell, he had to prove that it was all done up to code. Lucky for him, it was. But for all the hoops he jumped through, it would have probably been better off to have gotten permits in the first place.

Latest resources

Back