Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I've been at this park now for about 2.5 weeks and haven't had any problems with the power. But last night abut 5:30pm, the generator suddenly came on. It's set to exercise at 1:00 on Monday's, so I knew that wasn't what it was doing. At first, I thought I had a real problem, but I noticed the Silverleaf was showing -0- AC coming into the coach and I realized the autogen had started to run the air and keep the temp at the set temps.

Checked the breaker at the pedestal and sure enough, it had tripped. I reset it but it tripped again a bit later. I went to the main office but no help until the next morning. They changed the 50amp breaker to a 60amp breaker, and that seemed to fix the issue. But a little while ago it happened again.

I don't know if the park has an issue or if my coach is an energy hog. All 3 of the air conditioners were running, the Oasis is heating water with the elements, and Trish had the dryer running. Am I the problem here? I've turned off 1 of the air conditioners and nixed the dryer until tomorrow morning when it's cool outside. Haven't had a problem since that.

Autoformer reports all green lights, so I'm thinking my coach may be a bit of an energy glutton?

Yes, you can pull too much and cause the breaker to trip typically from overheating. I did it before and I only have 2 AC's. If you want to reduce your electrical demand I suggest turning OFF your OASIS electric elements and use burner only. That will free up 22 amps.

Yes, you can pull too much and cause the breaker to trip typically from overheating. I did it before and I only have 2 AC's. If you want to reduce your electrical demand I suggest turning OFF your OASIS electric elements and use burner only. That will free up 22 amps.
Yep, did that as well. But to be honest, I had no idea they pulled 22 amps! Wow, no wonder! That must be the total if both elements are on?

Geez in the 70s the panel in my home was only 25 amps… granted no a/c😕

Latest resources

Back