• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Peplink Help!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sounds like you haven’t downloaded the manual. I just did a Find on mine and have this for you…

1630347550631.png

I had a lot of intermittent connection issues when I first got my max duo set up with 2 sims, I wound up factory resetting the router, and it has not given me any issues since. Have you tried a factory reset of the router?

Sounds like you haven’t downloaded the manual. I just did a Find on mine and have this for you…

View attachment 8657
Thanks. I was able to use my company provided hot spot to go to the 'net and pull up an owners manual. It's pretty technical but I understood most of it. I didn't see anything that would help. Thanks again for this!

fast.t-mobile.com would not, should not, could not work for your AT&T card. It would work for your T-Mobile card. I wager that’s why your modem kept selecting T-Mobile. It couldn’t get through on AT&T because that APN would not work for it.

change it to broadband and see if your AT&T card lights up
The AT&T SIM actually worked for a week with nothing in the APN box. We used 40G of the 100G this way. The moroons at the AT&T store told me to use NEXTGENPHONE for the APN but it would never boot up with that in there so I left it blank and it worked. The T-Mobile SIM pulled up the correct APN on it's own.

I had a lot of intermittent connection issues when I first got my max duo set up with 2 sims, I wound up factory resetting the router, and it has not given me any issues since. Have you tried a factory reset of the router?
Yeah, I did a reset to factory settings after working on this stupid thing for over 2 hours. I thought maybe I had inadvertantly hit a button by mistake. It didn't help. The Peplink still would not recognize either card AT ALL. The boxes were totally blank most of the time last night.

The moroons at the AT&T store told me…

Why is this not a surprise? Pathetic. But yes, you’re on your own with AT&T and a Verizon, for sure.

When you get the SIMs detected you can set the carrier to use LTE only and not use auto which is what I do so you won't get 3G.

There is a symbol near the sim slots in white which shows the SIM card orientation.

You can contact peplink or your vendor you bought from and get tech support. You can also try factory resetting the unit. Download your config first if you want. If you can get Internet you can check for firmware updates. If you go to the /support.cgi page (manually typed in browser) you can check for cellular modem updates.
Where is the spot to change it so the carrier only uses LTE? I haven't seen that one yet. Is it on the details page? Thanks!

You should not enter anything in the APN boxes or anything in that area. The device will set those automatically. I suggest clearing out anything you've entered.

You probably don't see the LTE/3G option because your connection isn't established. Here's what you should see:
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.05.25 PM.png

EZ.... In reviewing the recent comments on the Peplink forum, it appears not all the 5G models have been certified for use by AT&T & Verizon. Supposedly this will happen sometime in September. I suspect this may be part of your problem.
With regards to T-Mobile, I believe the 5G models have been certified for use on their network.
Having installed multiple Peplink devices (no 5G models) with both Verizon & AT&T cellular plans, I have never encountered any issues if I was using a SIM with the appropriate data plan for the Peplink device. All the devices powered up & connected with the default settings from the factory.
Remove all SIM cards. You should be able to connect to the UI on the device via the Ethernet WAN port. Reset the device to 'FACTORY DEFAULT' & let it boot up. I believe from reading the string associated with your trials & tribulations, you have a T-Mobile plan. Insert this SIM in port A & make it the primary. Adjust any settings that are unique to the T-Mobile SIM & it should connect (takes a minute or two).
The attached is a cut & paste from the 5G Store, which clearly indicates AT&T & Verizon certifications are pending. Can it be made to work prior to certification, probably. I would be very surprised if the 5G store is going to help you to circumvent the lack of certification.
Good luck, once you get it working I think you will be very happy with it.

1630507419520.png

Latest resources

Back