RV Length
43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
So for those of you that don't know what chatGPT is, it's an AI that uses natural language and can be used to solve tons of stuff.
I decided to see if I could use it to plan a trip and asked it the following question:

> I want to take an RV trip from Nashville to Ann Arbor via Kansas City and Des Moines. I don't want to drive more than 250 miles a day and drive only every 3rd days. When I stop I want to be at a family centric RV Park with a pool that can take a 45' RV. Please list my stops.

Certainly! Based on your criteria, here are the stops for your RV trip from Nashville to Ann Arbor via Kansas City and Des Moines:

1. Day 1: Nashville, TN to Columbia, MO (240 miles)
    • Stay at Cottonwoods RV Park
    • Family-friendly park with pool, playground, and mini-golf
  2. Day 4: Columbia, MO to Kansas City, MO (150 miles)
    • Stay at Worlds of Fun Village
    • Family-friendly park with pool, amusement park, and other activities
  3. Day 7: Kansas City, MO to Des Moines, IA (200 miles)
    • Stay at Adventureland Resort
  4. Day 10: Des Moines, IA to Cedar Rapids, IA (120 miles)
    • Stay at Sleepy Hollow RV Park and Campground
    • Family-friendly park with pool, playground, and other activities
  5. Day 13: Cedar Rapids, IA to Muskegon, MI (245 miles)
    • Stay at Muskegon KOA Resort
  6. Day 16: Muskegon, MI to Ann Arbor, MI (150 miles)
    • Stay at Ann Arbor / Ypsilanti KOA
These stops keep you within your desired 250 miles a day limit, and you'll only be driving every third day. All of the recommended RV parks have pools and offer family-friendly amenities. Enjoy your trip!

I then decided to a follow up question

> Can you give me ideas of things to do at each stop that would be good for families with a 1 and 5 year old child.

Sure, here are some ideas for family-friendly activities to do with your 1 and 5 year old children at each stop on your RV trip:

1. Columbia, MO
    • Take a stroll through the Columbia Farmers Market
    • Visit the Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, which has a playground, trails, and picnic areas
    • Explore the Runge Nature Center, which has interactive exhibits and nature trails
    • Visit the Finger Lakes State Park, which has a beach and swimming area, as well as hiking and biking trails
  2. Kansas City, MO
    • Visit Worlds of Fun amusement park
    • Explore the Kansas City Zoo
    • Go to Kaleidoscope, a free art-making studio for kids
    • Visit the SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium
    • Visit the LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City
  3. Des Moines, IA
    • Visit the Blank Park Zoo
    • Explore the Science Center of Iowa, which has interactive exhibits for kids
    • Visit Living History Farms, a living history museum with farm animals and hands-on activities
    • Visit the Brenton Arboretum, which has nature trails, gardens, and picnic areas
    • Explore the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
  4. Cedar Rapids, IA
    • Visit the Indian Creek Nature Center, which has trails, interactive exhibits, and live animals
    • Explore the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
    • Visit the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena for public skating
    • Check out the Ushers Ferry Historic Village, which recreates life in Iowa in the 1800s
    • Visit the Noelridge Park Greenhouse, which has exotic plants and flowers
  5. Muskegon, MI
    • Visit Michigan's Adventure amusement park
    • Explore the Muskegon Museum of Art
    • Visit the Hackley and Hume Historic Site, which recreates life in Michigan in the late 1800s
    • Check out the Muskegon Luge Adventure Sports Park
    • Visit the Muskegon Farmer's Market
  6. Ann Arbor, MI
    • Visit the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, which has interactive exhibits for kids
    • Explore the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, which has nature trails and gardens
    • Visit the Leslie Science and Nature Center, which has live animals and nature programs
    • Visit the Cobblestone Farm, which recreates life on a 19th-century farm
    • Check out the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
These are just a few ideas to get you started - there are many other family-friendly activities available in each of these locations. Have a great trip!

I really found this great to help plan. Obviously I wouldn't take it verbatim to plan a trip but this is really great for preliminary research. Does anyone see value in something like this?

Edited for formatting (sorry @Neal if it was a mess when you saw it)

That is really pretty cool. This is the future if you believe in AI. I do. I don't think it is ready for prime time, but I know a few people working on integrating and testing AI in their tech stack. Going to be really interesting to see how this plays out. I sure hope the folks at RVTW are thinking about it.

That is really pretty cool. This is the future if you believe in AI. I do. I don't think it is ready for prime time, but I know a few people working on integrating and testing AI in their tech stack. Going to be really interesting to see how this plays out. I sure hope the folks at RVTW are thinking about it.
I've been kicking the tires at work ( I lead tech for a digital agency in NY ) and it has soo many valid application. Interestingly enough I find version 3 much more usable than the new version 4 that's embedded in bing.

Very cool indeed!

So for those of you that don't know what chatGPT is, it's an AI that uses natural language and can be used to solve tons of stuff.
I decided to see if I could use it to plan a trip and asked it the following question:

> I want to take an RV trip from Nashville to Ann Arbor via Kansas City and Des Moines. I don't want to drive more than 250 miles a day and drive only every 3rd days. When I stop I want to be at a family centric RV Park with a pool that can take a 45' RV. Please list my stops.

Certainly! Based on your criteria, here are the stops for your RV trip from Nashville to Ann Arbor via Kansas City and Des Moines:

These stops keep you within your desired 250 miles a day limit, and you'll only be driving every third day. All of the recommended RV parks have pools and offer family-friendly amenities. Enjoy your trip!

> Can you give me ideas of things to do at each stop that would be good for families with a 1 and 5 year old child.

Sure, here are some ideas for family-friendly activities to do with your 1 and 5 year old children at each stop on your RV trip:

1. Columbia, MO
    • Visit the Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, which has a playground, trails, and picnic areas
    • Explore the Runge Nature Center, which has interactive exhibits and nature trails
    • Visit the Finger Lakes State Park, which has a beach and swimming area, as well as hiking and biking trails
  2. Kansas City, MO
  3. Des Moines, IA
    • Visit Living History Farms, a living history museum with farm animals and hands-on activities
    • Visit the Brenton Arboretum, which has nature trails, gardens, and picnic areas
  4. Cedar Rapids, IA
    • Visit the Indian Creek Nature Center, which has trails, interactive exhibits, and live animals
    • Check out the Ushers Ferry Historic Village, which recreates life in Iowa in the 1800s
  5. Muskegon, MI
    • Visit the Hackley and Hume Historic Site, which recreates life in Michigan in the late 1800s
  6. Ann Arbor, MI
    • Visit the Leslie Science and Nature Center, which has live animals and nature programs
These are just a few ideas to get you started - there are many other family-friendly activities available in each of these locations. Have a great trip!

I really found this great to help plan. Obviously I wouldn't take it verbatim to plan a trip but this is really great for preliminary research. Does anyone see value in something like this?
That's awesome. I only recently started dabbling with AI search engines. Super duper fly IMHO.

1. Columbia, MO
  2. Kansas City, MO
  3. Des Moines, IA
  4. Cedar Rapids, IA
  5. Muskegon, MI
  6. Ann Arbor, MI

Well heck yes!! Amazing. The future is here. Is this from Microsoft or Google or an app you bought?

Just bear in mind, Garbage In.. Garbage Out. Relying on a tool like this to plan a trip is a sure way to miss a lot of neat things along the way, the hidden gems that weren't included in the AI training model...

Also. Microsoft Streets and Trips could do this over 20 years ago. It would also plan your fuel stops based on tank size/mileage, recommend rest stops based on entered criteria... sites to see along the way..etc..

Last edited:

1. Columbia, MO
  2. Kansas City, MO
  3. Des Moines, IA
  4. Cedar Rapids, IA
  5. Muskegon, MI
  6. Ann Arbor, MI

You may want to check the information to see that it is accurate. ChatGPT is not above making mistakes.

Can it generate an RV-safe route?

Latest resources

Back