Winnebago Mini
RV Model
Chalet
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
I'm leaving at the end of Feb. from Seal Beach CA to Palm Coast FL. need help with best route and what kind of weather to expect along the way. And yes I'm new to the RV life

Looks like IH-10 from coast to coast. I wouldn't think you would have any weather issues but Mother Nature can always throw a curveball.

I doubt you'll have any wind issues.

From Tucson to San Antonio it can be sparse. Do your planning and you'll be fine.

From Tucson to San Antonio it can be sparse. Do your planning and you'll be fine.
So far I have mapped out the truck stops and working on the gas stations. I did load a truckers app which tells the weather, traffic and road conditions. Is there anything else I should plan out?

We just took I10 from Nevada and are now sitting in New Orleans on the way to Florida. Yes we did hit a bit of wind (up to 40mph one day and 30mph for a couple of others) and a small dust storm. Actually pretty typical and certainly doable in an rv. We are in a 40’ mh, towing a Jeep. Just slow down and you will be fine. The truckers all seem to be doing 75! They are the biggest problem while trying to navigate your rv IMHO. Sometimes white knuckles show up.
Not to worry, you’ll be fine. Stop often & keep your fuel tank above the 1/2 mark.

We just took I10 from Nevada and are now sitting in New Orleans on the way to Florida. Yes we did hit a bit of wind (up to 40mph one day and 30mph for a couple of others) and a small dust storm. Actually pretty typical and certainly doable in an rv. We are in a 40’ mh, towing a Jeep. Just slow down and you will be fine. The truckers all seem to be doing 75! They are the biggest problem while trying to navigate your rv IMHO. Sometimes white knuckles show up.
Not to worry, you’ll be fine. Stop often & keep your fuel tank above the 1/2 mark.
How many days did it take you to get to New Orleans? Thank you for the weather information, I will definitely keep my speed in check and the gas tank above the 1/2 way mark.

How many days did it take you to get to New Orleans? Thank you for the weather information, I will definitely keep my speed in check and the gas tank above the 1/2 way mark.
We’ve been on the road from San Francisco for 3 weeks now, part of a round trip to the Florida Keys that is planned to last 10 weeks or so. Many stops & many places to visit! We are now in Orange Beach Alabama.

Latest resources

Back