• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Showoff

RVF Newbee
6F401652-63A5-49F2-8B21-0DEB394349B0.jpeg
Has any one ever removed this jackknife sofa and replace with a more comfortable sleeper sofa ? It’s in our 2016 DutchStar and it’s just the wife and myself but sometimes I can’t sleep and come out to sleep on this thing and very uncomfortable
Thank you in advance for your response

All furniture can be replaced, they are simply bolted down and then you can disassemble the pieces to make it easier to get out the door or someone else can do it. I replaced my Jackknife sofa with an office desk and have recently removed the desk and put the parts of the sofa back in as Newmar is reupholstering them. There are several furniture companies in the Elkhart area and probably other areas where you can choose something different or have cabinetry made, etc. It's your home, make it to your liking. That looks like Flexsteel bad upholstery, same as mine it's losing its elasticity, other items are peeling.

All furniture can be replaced, they are simply bolted down and then you can disassemble the pieces to make it easier to get out the door or someone else can do it. I replaced my Jackknife sofa with an office desk and have recently removed the desk and put the parts of the sofa back in as Newmar is reupholstering them. There are several furniture companies in the Elkhart area and probably other areas where you can choose something different or have cabinetry made, etc. It's your home, make it to your liking. That looks like Flexsteel bad upholstery, same as mine it's losing its elasticity, other items are peeling.
Thank you!

Latest resources

Back