• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Replacing a washing machine in a Newmar Class A motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
One good load run on towels, now a clothes run not so good, no high speed spin. I think the problem is not the washer, I need to put smaller loads in the washing machine and see what happens. I think these smaller machines are probably easy to overload. Before I give up I'll add a little discipline otherwise I may ask Newmar to swap it when I'm there in September even if I source the washing machine as I know their price will be outrageous but I'll get a quote to humor myself.

I sent Newmar a RFQ and also emailed Splendide as they happen to be right where I'm RVing this month. I'll be passing through their area 5/15-20th and if they can help me out I'll stop in and get'er done.

Notice on their spec it says max wash 15 lb. I don't know what that equates to but again, I think the problem is too much clothes in the washer which it can't spin!

Removed jeans and now it's spinning normally. The problem appears to be ME!

I talked to a couple that had a splendide combo and the wife told us that she does a small load every day. So maybe a couple smaller loads a week for you @Neal ?

Removed jeans and now it's spinning normally. The problem appears to be ME!
Just keep telling yourself that Neal. It won't matter if you take those jeans out or leave them in, it won't matter if you stand on your head to turn it on, holly water splashed on the stupid thing won't even work, nor will the door shim or other goofy fixes that Whirlpool has come up with keep that thing spinning. There was a series of steps the DW had to use to force that final spin when ours malfunctioned. I just asked her about the steps but she was so happy to be rid of it she not only erased it from her iphone notes but also from her mental hard drive memory.

Certainly there is someone on here still fighting a 2016 or 2017 Whirlpool washer who can give the forced final rinse steps.

Just keep telling yourself that Neal. It won't matter if you take those jeans out or leave them in, it won't matter if you stand on your head to turn it on, holly water splashed on the stupid thing won't even work, nor will the door shim or other goofy fixes that Whirlpool has come up with keep that thing spinning. There was a series of steps the DW had to use to force that final spin when ours malfunctioned. I just asked her about the steps but she was so happy to be rid of it she not only erased it from her iphone notes but also from her mental hard drive memory.

Certainly there is someone on here still fighting a 2016 or 2017 Whirlpool washer who can give the forced final rinse steps.
I'm still curious of the answer to my question of how are people getting these in/out of the coach?

And yes, each completed wash cycle is reason for an ice cream treat! It seems to be an effective diet these days. This is another case of Newmar Epic Fail! This washing machine is a 2008 model from Whirlpool. I want to thank Newmar in your efforts to do great for the customer by paying top dollar (yeah right) for your appliances and installing a 9 year old product in my new 2017 motorhome. Newmar is known for woodworking, the appliances, furniture, electronics are all a disaster of a choice. Always!

I guess I never got that far to start measuring for an install. I assume you are saying that the door isn't as wide as the washer? I'm sure a call to Nappanee and they will tell you what window comes out for the install.

I guess I never got that far to start measuring for an install. I assume you are saying that the door isn't as wide as the washer? I'm sure a call to Nappanee and they will tell you what window comes out for the install.
I'd love to get it out the escape door in the bathroom - have NOT measured yet. To get it out the entry door requires going over the passenger seat, I hate how that seat is in the way of everything going in/out. Moral is I'm not doing this myself. I have quotes coming from Newmar and waiting to hear back from Splendide who is in southern Portland which is where I'll be mid May.

So it could be narrow enough to come out of the escape toilet door or regular entrance door? I think I would try to have either Newmar install or another good RV dealer.

Just a side note. I installed my own in the new fiver and it was easypeasy but then again mine was in an open area stacked and I brought them in through a open door that measured about 7'10" by 7' high. But we went with the digital Splendide washer. They have more than one model but we caught a sale on the digital model that had a couple more features and got both for right at $1,600.

Latest resources

Back