• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Replacing a washing machine in a Newmar Class A motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Splendide replied and said they can't sell direct, Camping World has the best prices and gave me the number of someone that could do it in the area. I'll see what I can come up with, if it can be done it may be a good opportunity to get'er done. I'm hemorrhaging cash this year anyways...why not.

Mobile tech Splendide recommended is booked until mid June. Splendide can't do it if I pickup the units which are available at Camping World in the south Portland area so it looks like it's me and my beloved Whirlpool for the time being. I guess this will give me time to experiment with washing one shirt at a time :(

I got quotes from Newmar this morning on both the Whirlpool 24" and Splendide. Surprisingly the same prices as you can get them typically from Lowes/HD type stores at around 1K for the unit, 3 hours of labor (140/hr) for install. Pretty fair, but unfortunate this may have to be done if smaller loads don't resolve the issue. Yesterday I did a comforter, blanket, sheets all without a problem.

I'm waiting to hear back to the specific Whirlpool model so I can compare. I know the feedback of the community on Splendide but I do like the fact of Whirlpools experience in building washing machines, the compact ones across the board are higher risk for issues, all reviews on all brands are not good.

I may source it on my own so that I can buy an extended warranty on it that you can't do when bought through Newmar.

I'd probably get a Splendide SET at a Camping World nearest to Newmar. Researching....

Crazy prices - like they are specifically targeting the sector of the market that needs smaller footprint washers - outrageous - 2x the price of regular washers.

Last edited:
I am going to try to replace mine today with the Splendid. It does not look easy .I will let you know how it goes. I have a 2016 - Ventana 4037
Also, Neil I see you have the HWH Active Air. How do you like it? Was it worth the money?. We get a lot of swaying back and forth in campgrounds with rough roads, and sometimes on some uneven roads. Does the active air stop that?

Last edited:
When I removed my refrigerator from the 2013 DSDP, I went thru the bedroom escape window.

I had to remove the doors, remove the window from the coach, and remove all surrounding wood. This left a hole big enough to get a forklift thru the window,transfer fridge from the bed to forklift, and ease it out. New one went in same way.

Did this with 4 friends and in about 3 hours. A lot cheaper than quotes I got.

At the time I measured and the washer dryer could go out that way too. I would probably disassemble the washer if doing it myself, as that would be easier and not involve extra hands. Old one would never be reassembled.

I was quoted 3 hours by Newmar, I am sourcing my own machines (as of now, assuming I can get them in Elkhart). I will have the cabinet doors off and ready, I think Newmar could do it in one hour, well worth $140 to me. While my machine may work flawlessly between now and September as it did between December and recently, I still may take this opportunity while being at Newmar to get new ones installed. I am most likely going to try and sell this coach after that visit, we'll see how I feel then, so it's a mixed bag, do I spend the money to put new machines in or sell it with what's in it now and leave for the next owner to decide? As it may not sell or sell for the price I want it would probably be smart to just get new units installed and plan to keep it for the long haul. Thanks for listening to my self dialog :)

New buyers only care if the equipment works...they won't pay extra for it being new.

If selling...stop spending.

Latest resources

Back