• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not all that cheap for a carpet with some grommets. The grommets are for securing with a spring. The little step carpets hold some of the dirt before it comes in.
carpetsteps.JPG

$12.49 per step.

Not all that cheap for a carpet with some grommets. The grommets are for securing with a spring. The little step carpets hold some of the dirt before it comes in.View attachment 21350
$12.49 per step.
Grubby Feet? I have these also. They are working out very well.

Not all that cheap for a carpet with some grommets. The grommets are for securing with a spring. The little step carpets hold some of the dirt before it comes in.View attachment 21350
$12.49 per step.
i put these on - not cheap, but they catch a lot of dirt and look nice.

Another cheap easy one for those of us with analog gauges, putting dots where the gauges would normally be when all is good while driving. just a glance tells you all is good, or not. View attachment 163
This is something everyone should do. We all go down the road and watch our gauges but do we really know or pay attention to where normal is? Then an alarm or warning pops up and we do not know for sure where the gauge normally runs. If you watch any racing the vehicles all have this type marking and also the have the gauges turned such that all normal positions have the needle pointed up this is true even on the new digital screens.

I would love to see what this cleaver group has come up with in the category of super cheap super easy mods. This one I found on a thread several years ago and is pretty hard to beat for functionality, cheapness and ease:
View attachment 160

Putting the plastic dot over the flush button makes it so much easier to flush, especially in the dark
Great Post I came away with a few ideas.

$12.49 per step.
I use tie wraps in the grommets instead of the springs which seem to disconnect too easy.

I had enough of the pantry door on my 2018 DSDP 4327 opening up and all the slides coming out, so I finally decided to do something about it. I used an electric magnet to lock the door in place when traveling. I found a place on Amazon that will make a custom rocker switch so it has a clean look.
Pantry Door.jpg
IMG_4656.jpeg
Magnet Install-a.jpg

Parts List;

Electric Magnet
Amazon product ASIN B09ZLGN1J8
Power Supply
Amazon product ASIN B01GEA8PQA
Custom Rocker Switch
Amazon product ASIN B07N4CN4GD
Switch Panel
Amazon product ASIN B09K3W5R3Y
Switch Bracket
Amazon product ASIN B00C8TDGX4
Cord cover:
Amazon product ASIN B07GPFDL1K
Small Push Button Switch
Amazon product ASIN B091CW3Q1Q
Wire Diagram

Nice mod!
I am looking for drawer retention ideas for the bedroom. The Newmar ones are way too hard to open for my wife. So I end up yanking them open when we get to a campsite and they stay open all week. There has to be a pushbutton retrofit hardware. Mechanical only. I could put the mag locks on relays for my myServer control system which would make it cool, but trying to keep things simple for the drawers. Anyone have any ideas?

Hmmm, maybe make them electric...need to figure out how many amps these mag locks draw...quite a few drawers to lock down...ideally applying electric would switch modes of Lock or Unlock. Most all are simple solenoids that retract the lock when electric is applied....but then you would need to energize every time you want to open a drawer even when stationary...

Latest resources

Back