Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jmrv0707

RVF Newbee
I live in Canada and I really want to become an RV inspector but I can't find anywhere that offers any training for it. The only place that I found is in Texas. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can take a course in Canada or maybe perhaps online I would like to leave my current job that I've been in for 16 years and try to start a career in this I would like to do something new and this kind of excites me can someone help please! I can't find much information on an RV inspector in general how much somebody would charge to inspect an RV does anybody also have any thoughts on that? Thanks

I attended that school in Texas. Many people were there taking the inspector course. Some were doing both courses. Inspections can run up to the thousands of dollars depending on the unit being inspected. I was very skeptical that some of the people taking the course were capable of doing a comprehensive inspection. Other then a school, the only way to get the required knowledge would to be involved in the building, selling, or repair with many years of experience. The touch screens and relay systems are constantly changing and some of the heating and cooling systems in the Class A's can be daunting. I don't think the school can cover all the bases effectively. This is an ongoing debate with the repair side of the school also.

I live in Canada and I really want to become an RV inspector but I can't find anywhere that offers any training for it. The only place that I found is in Texas. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can take a course in Canada or maybe perhaps online I would like to leave my current job that I've been in for 16 years and try to start a career in this I would like to do something new and this kind of excites me can someone help please! I can't find much information on an RV inspector in general how much somebody would charge to inspect an RV does anybody also have any thoughts on that? Thanks

It takes an understanding of systems. It takes a desire to learn. It takes a keen eye to see something out of place. And most of all you have to possess the desire to continue your education.

If you're qualified, others already ask for, and respect your opinions. Schools teach basics, you already need to possess what it takes to feel comfortable buying a big ticket item without others opinions, knowing that your ability to see errors is very strong in you!!! Why??? Because that is what you will expect your clients to see in you!!!

If you are that person, then you will go far, otherwise keep looking for your dream job!!!

Latest resources

Back