Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you bought a New RV? Avoid these bad manner mistakes.....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Going to guess that Boogey Lights under glow lighting wouldn't be appreciated as addition to the Entegra Accent lights either?! ;)
It's fine while you are outside and using the lights. Turn on everything you own while you are outside enjoying your evening.

When you go to bed...turning the lights off is common courtesy. Most do it, but it seems entegra coaches have a mode or button that encourages leaving the bright leds on when you go to bed. Never been inside one, but have seen it on many in this park this year.

I probably won't appreciate your brand of music, so don't have it blaring so people for 150 ft can pick out all the lyrics to it.

If I'm watching the outside tv, or listening to music, or listening to a baseball game I turn it up where I can hear it. Not loud enough for my neighbors to hear it.

Don't be that person who tells you how "Newmar owners are jealous of my Winnebago", or "oh I've got you beat" when discussing how long of a trip you're on. Both comments - just to name a few - from the same guy. Social skills people, social skills. :)

It's fine while you are outside and using the lights. Turn on everything you own while you are outside enjoying your evening.

When you go to bed...turning the lights off is common courtesy. Most do it, but it seems entegra coaches have a mode or button that encourages leaving the bright leds on when you go to bed. Never been inside one, but have seen it on many in this park this year.
It's all Angie's (NIRVC) fault ;), she kiddingly told people these were the Entegra show off lights and now folks feel compelled to use them. We like a quiet, semi dark campsite to enjoy the fire and a few frosty beverages so we shut off landing lights pretty early. Next time you see it, tell them to kill the accent lights as people have figured out the make of their coach already.

Some people are just born idiots. Maintenance guy at RV park told me, campers stick Gatorade bottles in the sewer pipe on the way out, just to make it a miserable for the next guy?
The pure meanness of some shriveled souls, ugh. I ONCE (never again) dared to tell a motorcyclist (after he stopped to speak to us while I was trying to control my puppy that he scared to death with his blaring music) I told him that not everyone enjoys his music blasting all over, and stalked off… I was kinda mad - his stupid motorcyle startled us both badly…. Anyhow , after a few seconds, he yelled after me “I bet you voted for Biden!”… ??? I didn’t let him see, but I burst out laughing.. what the heck did Biden have to do with it?

Yikes. I guess I will have to add this to my mental checklist Examine sewer before hooking up. Unbelievable!
I guess we’ve been lucky - never had such issues. I thought sewers had caps? Well, my job is inside - Bob handles the outside ?

If you rinse your sewer hose after disconnecting, do not drape it over the picnic table to dry.
I found the inverse situation today. This group decided to make the dump station equipment box a picnic table. They cut and served their watermelon right there...without a table cloth!!

Screenshot_20210803-173137_BlackVue.jpg

The "quiet time" rules are probably the most abused during the weekends at some campgrounds.

There have been a handful of occasions when we needed to get on the road early, like by 5:30 or 6am. It has only come up two or three times in the past several years. What I did the evening prior was to reach out to the campsites around me and let them know I needed to leave at that early hour. I'm sure I still woke some of them up but they appreciated the warning I think.
I recently had the pleasure of staying at a campground in Caliente, NV that has an extremely strict “no outside music” rule. They were very particular about the area being serene. For the amount of people there, it was pretty incredible how peaceful it was. Quiet time was observed or you were kicked out immediately.
That place was awesome lol.

I recently had the pleasure of staying at a campground in Caliente, NV that has an extremely strict “no outside music” rule. They were very particular about the area being serene. For the amount of people there, it was pretty incredible how peaceful it was. Quiet time was observed or you were kicked out immediately.
That place was awesome lol.
Wow, I wish more places would enforce rules like that.

Latest resources

Back