Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you think it's easy owning an RV Park ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I suppose a posting could be made like,Pets and, Children must be supervised at all times.
It's too bad your business has to go without guest,and respectful family's can't enjoy your camp grounds.
What bicycle trails are in your area and are e bicycles allowed?
If! And that chance is near to none, if I paid to stay at a park. I would look for such restrictions!

Let me explain!!!

In the forest the "recreators" in the age range of 23 to 60 are typically more like uncontrollable children than their offspring!

Such rules signal to those that want a peaceful time, that the hell raising found in today's Forest setting, will be controlled in a private park!

Therefore order is attracted! And hell raisers repelled.

I don't think it's about the kids, it's about standards! The smile of a well behaved child, getting attention from loving parents, is priceless, but unfortunately we all lose, because the true children are the parents. So they need to be rejected!!! So sad this society we live in!!!

Sigh....dealing with the public is tough...no doubt about it.
But I hope you do not move to 55 and up, as that will leave us out, due to Adam (Autism, etc.) being 32... He will probably be with us forever.

unfortunately people these days feel rules aren't meant for them, entitled generation, just look at the national parks mess, anyway, we wish we could frequent 55 plus parks, kids these days have no supervision as you have mentioned, but we have a special needs 23 yo DD and she needs to be with us 100%, we understand the rules and have never asked for a waiver or favor, we just look for another park and put up with the kid traffic and try not to travel in the summertime.
The place we winter in Florida is 55+.

There are younger people there though and some with kids.

I think it may be a rule in Florida for being 55+ that there needs to be accommodation’s for younger as well. Could be mistaken on the why as I have never researched, just what I have heard from a lady that ran HOA’s.

In AZ proper forms must be filled to have such rules.

If! And that chance is near to none, if I paid to stay at a park. I would look for such restrictions!

Let me explain!!!

In the forest the "recreators" in the age range of 23 to 60 are typically more like uncontrollable children than their offspring!

Such rules signal to those that want a peaceful time, that the hell raising found in today's Forest setting, will be controlled in a private park!

Therefore order is attracted! And hell raisers repelled.

I don't think it's about the kids, it's about standards! The smile of a well behaved child, getting attention from loving parents, is priceless, but unfortunately we all lose, because the true children are the parents. So they need to be rejected!!! So sad this society we live in!!!
The sign thing was intended to be taken lightly, we were at a camp grounds once we call it the NO camp ground, every place we looked, No this No that.
It was no fun.🤣
Most people are good and most kids are well taught by their parents.

unfortunately people these days feel rules aren't meant for them, entitled generation, just look at the national parks mess, anyway, we wish we could frequent 55 plus parks, kids these days have no supervision as you have mentioned, but we have a special needs 23 yo DD and she needs to be with us 100%, we understand the rules and have never asked for a waiver or favor, we just look for another park and put up with the kid traffic and try not to travel in the summertime.
On one hand, I respect your not asking for a waiver but I doubt many parks would not allow you to park. The over 55 and no kids gives folks like us a better chance for peace and quiet. As long as your 23 Y O charge would not be causing any kind of ruckus, I'm sure she would be welcomed. Perhaps I just have a soft spot for disabled but I would gladly tolerate your group as a neighbor as I'm sure would most others. You owe it to yourself (and her) to give it a try.

Darrell

I suppose a posting could be made like,Pets and, Children must be supervised at all times.
It's too bad your business has to go without guest,and respectful family's can't enjoy your camp grounds.
What bicycle trails are in your area and are e bicycles allowed?
Signs go unnoticed and mostly ignored in the park. And "supervised" is a subjective term that is interpreted differently depending on the age of the person. Believe me, I've tried very hard.

There isn't a lot of places to ride a bicycle here in the park, but depending on the type of bike, there are other places nearby. There are some nice roads not far for mountain biking, and if you want a more quiet ride, there is Parker Meadows down the road, and further down there is the Greenway.

Sigh....dealing with the public is tough...no doubt about it.
But I hope you do not move to 55 and up, as that will leave us out, due to Adam (Autism, etc.) being 32... He will probably be with us forever.
No Rich, that isn't going to happen. It would be more likely that we turn the park into a members only park, but I don't have enough repeat visitors yet to make that a reality. But more and more of our guests are repeat visitors, so maybe, someday. . .

But just so you know, and regardless of future events, Adam is, and always will be, welcomed at Deer Springs.

Signs go unnoticed and mostly ignored in the park. And "supervised" is a subjective term that is interpreted differently depending on the age of the person. Believe me, I've tried very hard.

There isn't a lot of places to ride a bicycle here in the park, but depending on the type of bike, there are other places nearby. There are some nice roads not far for mountain biking, and if you want a more quiet ride, there is Parker Meadows down the road, and further down there is the Greenway.
The signs are ignored much like the forest service campgrounds we like to use. They all state "pets must be on a leash at all time" yet there are always dogs wandering around off leash.
It really irks us because we always keep our dog tethered or on a leash when walking.

The signs are ignored much like the forest service campgrounds we like to use. They all state "pets must be on a leash at all time" yet there are always dogs wandering around off leash.
It really irks us because we always keep our dog tethered or on a leash when walking.

Rules for running an RV Park

Rule #1 - Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times.

What we said: “Hey John, I couldn’t help noticing Fluffy running around the campground! Can you keep him on a leash please? It’s for his protection as much as for the other dogs.”
What John heard: “I see you have a little dog, so you don’t have to abide by that “dog on a lease” nonsense.

What we said: “John, some of the guests have mentioned that Fluffy is charging their dog’s when they walk by your site. I really need you to keep him on a leash and under control. Can you do that for me please?”
What John heard: “Wow John, everyone’s talking about your dog! They think it’s cute how such a little dog has so much courage! And look how loud he can bark!

What we said: “John, I’ve been by several times now and I really need your help with Fluffy. I’m sorry, but if you can’t keep him under control, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
What John heard: “Everyone loves little Fluffy, but this is my park and I’m king. You and that dog will do as I say, otherwise you’ll disappear faster than a bowl of Alpo in a room full of hungry hounds.”

John’s subsequent review:
Pretty park and lots of nice visitors. But the owner is rude and doesn’t like dogs. We won’t be back.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back