Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
We were in the direct path last time, and it was really awesome. It got completely dark, crickets started chirping and it actually got chilly. We're not in the direct line this time so I wonder what the effects will be like?

Found a couple of the pictures! lol, Ryker still has his glasses!

DSC09260.JPG

DSC09270.JPG

DSC09281.JPG

I plan on going to Ohio to watch…. But finding a campground open in April there is hard. I did find one who said they will have power and sewer, but no water and can stay there. I will keep researching…

We weren’t in the direct path in 2017. I walked into the open space across the street from our house and hung out under a tree. This was not long after my oldest son came home from the NICU.

E185113E-23AD-4B83-8552-3D599A3B3544.jpeg
A5832BD9-B50F-401F-8F3E-D2F81E9AD317.jpeg

I'm in total blackout I believe for two minutes at my house, but also have a leased RV site at a local lake, which is around 4 minutes total eclipse time and basically right on the center line, so might go up there for it.

Last edited:
The last one I was in SC, 11 miles from GA and it was perfect, except it was hot as heck. It cooled very (very) little during the eclipse. Mom had or maybe still has a decent digital SLR and I was able to get some good pics. They had visitors from all over the place as they had tons of parking and loved to entertain. My In-laws are 1/2 hour SW of Cleveland, OH so I guess we'll start planning to be there, the kids have spring break the week prior, so we'll probably just stretch it out a little longer.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back