• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
They didn't install new valve stems for me either... :-/ They just installed new valves...

Good luck with all of this... I know I would not have a remote install again. Only in a shop who knows how to handle nice rims. And always take "before pics"
Motorhometires.com is still adamant that "new" stems were installed. I believe the pictures prove differently.

Yea…between my experience and yours, this service has left a bad taste in my mouth. And I believe the core problem is the folks they are hiring to do the work…. They are mostly truck tire people and don’t know how to treat expensive RV rims.

I have learned my lesson and will not make the same mistake twice.

Yea…between my experience and yours, this service has left a bad taste in my mouth. And I believe the core problem is the folks they are hiring to do the work…. They are mostly truck tire people and don’t know how to treat expensive RV rims.

I have learned my lesson and will not make the same mistake twice.
I'm really sorry you guys had to learn the hard way, but you sure taught me to stay away from what is proving to be a bad way to do business. Pretty sure these guys won't last another year as their reputation will take care of itself.

And I believe the core problem is the folks they are hiring to do the work….
Yep, and the lack of accountability. If you screw up somebody's wheels, own up to it and fix the problem. But to use BS excuses to avoid responsibility is something that everyone will see through in a hurry. And nobody wants to buy into that nonsense.

I'm sorry to hear this and hope for a positive outcome for both of you. This is a great opportunity for motorhometires.com to turn this story around, show great customer service, make this right, and have a happy ending restoring their reputation.

After several emails and a phone discussion with the owner, it appears that they are going to take care of this.
I sure hope so and I'll report back if everything goes well.

Thought I would add my tire purchase experience to the very useful information in this thread. I too looked at motorhome tires.com, but based on their high prices and Richpatty’s experience decided to go elsewhere.

I’m a Coach-net member, so looked at their tire program and found their prices to be slightly less than FMCA. Started the process with them, but despite several calls, they never called back to complete the deal. Decided to widen my search.

I called the local commercial tire company from the Michelin website. I was surprised to find their prices lower than Coach-net by about $50 per tire. I’ll get them installed later this week when the front tires come in.

I told them my concerns about rim damage and they assured me they have done lots of motorhomes and would not damage the rims. I’ll still take pre-installation pictures just in case. I’ll report back on how things go.

If anyone is interested, here are the prices (Michelin all around):

365\70R22.5 $1063.28
315/80R22.5 $1044.00
Mount/dismount: $55 per tire
Valve stems: $14.50 per tire
Disposal: $18 per tire
Wheel balancing: $60 per tire

Total for 8 tires: $9961.70 (not including sales tax)

Leslie,
Make sure the tire shop have the special wrench for the rear hub caps, or they will use a large pipe wrench and ruin them.
Also many tire technicians don’t know that the two of the hub cap nuts are reverse thread. All of the above happened to me when I replaced my tires.
I let them use my wrench, and instructed them how to remove the caps.

Leslie,
Make sure the tire shop have the special wrench for the rear hub caps, or they will use a large pipe wrench and ruin them.
Also many tire technicians don’t know that the two of the hub cap nuts are reverse thread. All of the above happened to me when I replaced my tires.
I let them use my wrench, and instructed them how to remove the caps.
Great points—thanks. I may just remove the hub caps myself and reinstall them as well.

Latest resources

Back