• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Michelin is the only manufacturer of the 365 tires.

If you want to spread out the impact (as the previous owner apparently did) you might consider only replacing the 2014 tires now and wait a couple years on the 2018 tires. My preference would be to have all tires the same age/condition, but faced with a four year difference in age, I would make an exception rather than adhere to that standard given the cost.

If you rotate tires it makes sense to have them the same age but there are other approaches . many stagger ages so replacement can be two at a time. Front tires or Steers always being newest. This effectively forced rotating tires😀

Last edited:
Assuming no incidents between now and next summer my plan is new front tires, existing front tires go to tag axle as I have some odd wear patterns on LR tag axle tire there that probably are telling me an alignment should be done. Otherwise AFAIK treads are great. Some tires are 2016 date codes, local truck tire shop told me start date is in service date, not tire date code (his opinion).

It's hard to change these and then toss the old ones. They all look brand new! But I'd rather error on the side of safety.

Assuming no incidents between now and next summer my plan is new front tires, existing front tires go to tag axle as I have some odd wear patterns on LR tag axle tire there that probably are telling me an alignment should be done. Otherwise AFAIK treads are great. Some tires are 2016 date codes, local truck tire shop told me start date is in service date, not tire date code (his opinion).
Not mine! It is manufacturers date, they start oxidation immediately.

It's hard to change these and then toss the old ones. They all look brand new! But I'd rather error on the side of safety.

Be sure to check around your area. Many times these old tires are not “tossed” but can be resold for a significant chunk of change to those who need them for local delivery/dump trucks.

Have read about numbers over $150 a tire for these used RV tires.

Be sure to check around your area. Many times these old tires are not “tossed” but can be resold for a significant chunk of change to those who need them for local delivery/dump trucks.

Have read about numbers over $150 a tire for these used RV tires.
You are right! Just checked FB Market Place and they are listed for anywhere from $100 up. One fellow has, as he describes it, a "2017 225/70 r 22.5. 25,000 miles knee deep in tread". :) Asking $850, which is ridiculous of course.

But mine look brand new, so yeah, thanks MBTM! Whatever they bring is money that I didn't leave on the table!

Latest resources

Back