• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The tires that came on my coach had issues. FL in Gaffney spent a lot of time on them checking runout or whatever it's called, spin balancing, in the end two were warranty replaced and my ride much smoother.

I will ask that the new ones are spin balanced and I'm also getting centramatics installed with them in November.

GoFundNeal launching in October as November's visit to Newmar ahead of FL Gaffney is also going to be an expensive one. And house batteries are coming soon, not sure when, but that's not far off.
I thought about Centramatics when I was in Texas last year - I was 50 miles from Alvarado but never managed to get over there. When I bought my tires they threw in “two bags of beads” in each front and the ride has been perfect (around 8000 miles so far) so apparently thats good enough if the tires aren’t too far out. Where are you having your Centramatics installed?

Last edited:
When I bought tires for my Phaeton, they didn't spin balance them. I asked them about balancing and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. But I've always wondered why a tire outlet wouldn't balance big tires.
They spin balanced mine with a bigger version of a car tire spin balance machine. Looked the same except for the lift that raised the tire & wheel. Those things are heavy.

I used Centramatics on the CanyonStar and will again on the DutchStar. Thought they did a good job. I have tried various other methods. Most of them caused more issues than they fixed.

Centramatics worked well and reliably for me.

I used Centramatic on my previous motorhome with good success. In my recent tire install all the tires were spin balanced.

Nice video, Joe!

As Neil experienced at Gaffney, the tires need to be round because you can't balance an egg no matter how much weight you use.

As Neil experienced at Gaffney, the tires need to be round because you can't balance an egg no matter how much weight you use.
I had some Goodyears on my Bay Star like that. Went through 8 or 9 off the rack to get six that would balance.

I had centramatics on my 14 and installed them on my new Dutch Star. On the 14 I installed them myself. On the 2023 I had them installed at Alvarado. They did a great job.

FL Gaffney tells me they don't install wheel balancers. Is there anything to it other than placing them on before the tire wheel goes on? If I show up with them and give the tech basic instructions can it be done? Or do I need to find a place to have it done with some know how?

Neal, the Centramatics literally slip on prior to putting the wheel rim on, much like the old dust covers for wheels.
However their concern maybe liability. Installing a product they are not familiar/understand might be a problem.

Is there anything to it other than placing them on before the tire wheel goes on?

Latest resources

Back