Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
If one was to order a new Newmar coach, what is the timeline to allow for production time? What is the time of year when Newmar cuts over to new year production? I think it is July but wanted to confirm.

Those are great questions, and I'm not sure there's an accurate answer...since normal ain't so normal any more.

"Normally", production time is 10 days. However, the lag between your "order" being submitted, to the time of production starts, varies from dealer to dealer; you're placed in a queue, basically.

I don't have an answer for the cutover. That's a question only Newmar can answer...and each year seems to have it's own reasons for variability.

My dealer recently told me 3.5 months from order to delivery, unless doing a factory delivery, in which case add an additional 3-4 weeks. I don’t know when cutover occurs.

Our experience was 5 months from placing the order to taking delivery; mid-January to mid-June. As for the cutover date, we were told that our coach was the last 2018 Mountain Aire produced; the next one that rolled off the production was the first 2019 MADP. Our coach actually came off the production line in late May but since we did not do a FPU, there was additional delivery time to the dealer in Colorado. YMMV.

Glad to hear that you are still considering getting a new coach in the coming months. It will be great to get another chance to reconnect on the road. ;)

TJ

If one was to order a new Newmar coach, what is the timeline to allow for production time? What is the time of year when Newmar cuts over to new year production? I think it is July but wanted to confirm.

I think the last model year builds roll out in June. I was at the end of the 2017 train. I'd allow for 4 months from order to build assuming production on that year has started. But you can ask for longer as I think that's how @redbaron does it. If you want a delayed delivery you can probably coordinate that.

I'll start a separate thread on my options that I would welcome input on from all the Newmar experts.

My winning numbers are....

This may help, but "Covid" may change things.

I ordered my 2020 Canyon Star on July 10th 2019. It did have several "specials", but the off-line date was September 14th.

I did factory "CPU", but due to the Newmar International Rally in Syracuse, the actual delivery date was the week of October 10th.

Hope this gives you an idea, and I think the model year changeover occurs late June or early July.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back