• Commercial/Vendors welcome

To go where no RV'er has gone before

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just trying to figure out how many days it will take for my water softener ice brick to thaw out.

Glad to hear your snow socks worked. I’ve carried mine for 3 years wondering....

when can you wash your undercarriage? It’s good practice. You might want to inspect your coach for rust in the spring /summer. I just spent a few days in January correcting my past sins of winter driving and beach camping.
I used Salt Away in the past when encountering snow closer to home because they actually treat the roads there. I was quite surprised in OR and ID that I didn't see sand, salt, or chemicals. I was going to buy more as it's in my Amazon cart but I didn't order it as I didn't see the usual stuff that warrants it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AXNJO/?tag=rvf01-20

Up here in the Pacific Northwest, you don’t find salt used on road surfaces. There are several liquid solutions used and, with our enhanced environmental concerns, they are pretty safe. As I recall, one of the solutions is made from beet juice. Who knew?

TJ

A former Shipmate lives in Bonners ferry, ID. We may make a trip that way one summer, I repeat "one summer".

@Neal I don’t do much snow driving in the RV or really any at all so far, but I am thinking about getting some Autosocks just as cheap insurance as I have found myself on the road in my car on a snow covered road when I didn’t expect there to be snow. I am wondering about your set up. These things are $225 a set with only two to a set. Did you just cover your drives and steers or did you cover your tags too? Also, did you get a set for the inner drives?

Latest resources

Back