Chassis
Frieghtliner M2 106
Engine
Cummins L9
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4x4
Fulltimer
No
I received the SB-599 notice today. I called Newmar and the service rep told me that there are no Super Stars (based on coach number) on the affected unit list.

Safe Travels.

I received the SB-599 notice today. I called Newmar and the service rep told me that there are no Super Stars (based on coach number) on the affected unit list.

Safe Travels.
I posted a copy of the notice here listing the units involved.

FLSteve

Just as an update - there are some Superstars on the list….

Called after receiving our letter today and ours is on the list to have the hose replaced.

Getting it done while we are at the mothership, probably August, for some other warranty items.

@DennisT...thanks for the update. I will recheck with Newmar.

Emailed Newmar Customer Service, there reply was: "If you received the letter then it applies to your coach."

As an fyi, we never received the letter from Newmar but when I called to schedule an appointment for our 2022 Super Star they told me our coach was one of the units affected and they will be replacing the hose when we bring it in next week. Newmar is also replacing the toilet flush switch (ours doesn't have the high/low water fill options) - presumably a pandemic related supply chain issue - with the one it was supposed to have all along.

We will get our Super Star back tomorrow with the new hose plus 5 other warranty items resolved. It was supposed to be ready today but the first fix Newmar had them do for the dinette slide did not resolve the issue.

Keeping our fingers crossed that the dinette slide issue is revolved as we leave for Yellowstone NP on Sunday.

Safe travels.

Jay

RRB...SInce you didn't get notifed on the SB-599, you might want to check if your coach is also on the NHSTA 23V-469/Newmar 604-RSB list (seat belt mounting bracket).

Jay

Latest resources

Back