Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was checking the value of my RV today and a new question appeared after asking about overall condition.

It asked if the fuel tank was full.

All kidding aside, I suspect the used RV market just switched from a sellers market to a buyers market in the past 2 weeks. Long about June when diesel goes over $7 a gallon I suspect most of us could buy our "dream" coach pretty cheap.

Fuel prices have always been pretty flexible, changing according to world conditions and the like. Most people know this, I suspect that most owners will just park them until it becomes more affordable to move about the country.

Eddie

Although fuel prices hurt, we will see interest rates rise very soon. There's going to be increased pressure on the industry as a whole. I've already noticed some popular RV parks offering lower price incentives. If we're still here this time next year, the RV world may look very different than today IMHO. Blessings

From what I think I know about this from watching the RV and boat market past few years during the plague, it's been suggested that there were a lot of first time buyers as a way to vacation, recreation, etc. during quarantine. With plague somewhat in remission and escalating fuel prices I suspect to see a larger than normal supply of used. Then again, they may be keeping them as possibly a place to live the way the economy is going...

We sold our class A and bought a class B recently but it had nothing to do with fuel or market prices. Just a change in circumstances, I hoped that selling and buying at the top of the market would kind of equal each other out. I think it did.

I look at Craigslist RV listings for fun when I’m bored, the number of listings has increased a little but I don’t see any bargains. What they sell for might be very different from the asking price.

A couple years ago there would be hundreds of RVs listed. Now I see a bunch of school buses and those utility trailer ads that shouldn’t be in the RV section because there is a separate trailer section on Craigslist.

BTW, I flag those trailer ads when I see ‘em in the RV listings.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back