Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI What does that green light mean? (OASIS AC I/II)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mine has a space for a rocker marked engine heat, but has a blank cover, no switch, so I assume mine does not have the preheat option
That is correct and also typical. You can add it but if you have a block heater its not needed.

That is correct and also typical. You can add it but if you have a block heater its not needed.
Cool part about this feature, the engine can be heated pretty quickly, without having to leave the coach and plug in a block heater. And when driving, the oasis heats up the domestic water very quickly. So quickly that it raised this question in my mind if the coach engine heat would be enough to heat the coach while driving. Will test it at the end of March on our next planned trip.

But agree it isn’t needed just another nice feature.

I’ll test it tomorrow. Got a little over 600 miles to drive in the next two days. So. We’ll see what we see.

I haven’t tried this scenario to see if the Coach engine running can make the oasis produce heat.

Seems that when the engine is running - and if you have the loop pump for preheating the engine — that the engine coolant would be hot enough to make the oasis produce heat.
The engine coolant is designed to heat the oasis heat exchanger, provided the oasis burner is ON. On the left side of the oasis distribution box you have the heat exchanger. The brick sized copper unit. It has 3 chambers. One for fresh water, next to it is the chamber for oasis fluid, which is nonpoisonous, the far away chamber is for the engine coolant, which is poisonous. The 2 red hoses on the left side are IN/OUT hoses for the oasis fluid. The 2 black hoses on left behind the red hoses are the engine coolant IN/OUT. Hard to see in the pic.

As for the oasis loop pump to preheat the engine. That is an option, which most do not have. There already is an engine block heater. For higher models, there is just a button on the Silverleaf to activate the block heater, no need to go outside.
To use the oasis loop pump to preheat the engine block, you need to have the oasis running, so you already have heat in the oasis. The optional oasis block heater is a 2 way system. Use oasis to pre-heat the block, and once the engine is running hot enough, then use it to heat the oasis.

Attachments

• Oasis (1).jpg
    Oasis (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

Latest resources

Back