• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That sure looks good! Hope you have a couple of good brews to go with it!

TJ
Happy Hour Wine GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I know you guys are pros at backing into tight RV sites, so this will probably inspire some "so whats...no big deals ?", but for the first time in my 50 years of backing things up I asked GOD to take the wheel. Why, because the afternoon sun was overhead and I literally couldn't see anything! Does that ever happen to you? OK, quick run down: Cotillian Gardens RV park in the Santa Cruz Hills adjacent to the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park. Arrive at noon, and I drive to the site and access my approach. I line up well (IMHO) and then go to back in and the sun sends a glare on my mirrors and I can't see behind me. I ask a maintenance man if he could help guide me in and he responds "...well, I've never done that before, but sure..." I said, just yell really loud if it looks like I'm going to hit something. Once in the middle of the trees the glare vanished and I could see. My wife said I had 2 inches between the tree and mirror and I said great because I had and inch and a half. Once into the site I had enough room to maneuver to take advantage of the site. Beautiful country and SO much to do there. Train ride to the beach was the highlight...wait, no, maybe the Mystery Spot...hmmm! Yup, GOD backed me in. I was able to drive out on my own ?

NO cell service
Outstanding WiFi with Internet

Attachments

• IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 21

Latest resources

Back