• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Final stop this trip in Reston, VA - Lake Fairfax Park.

Pretty nice park here in the middle of DC near Dulles airport. I really enjoyed the drive in on Friday 3 PM and the sheer hell Garmin gave me with bad turn directions. I'm just going to put it all behind me, traumatic as it was, it's over.

Electric only site and I really love the two trees I'm guessing are 10ft apart. Other than that it's a nice location, cellular is weak (AT&T and Verizon) oddly.

View attachment 25206
Leesburg Pike is never fun at that time of day regardless of bad turns! Now that the Metro Silver Line goes past Reston this is a great base to go downtown.

Did you smell the feed lots located south of Oasia? It can be pretty odiferous.
Went down the street to the south. That county road is now paved all the way to town.
Bulk grain storage is still there but no feed lot.
Not sure where it went but no farm animal smells at all.

We're in Colorado Springs at Peak Rv Resort. Pikes peak is in the background. My wife is climbing the 2744 steps of the Manitou Incline this morning. After a week of 100 degree + temperatures in Pueblo, 90 feels cool.
1000007422.jpg

From the book "How did I end up here", a new chapter from Jim, Bonnie and Irma. Trying to find a decent campground near Buffalo to the east was a real chore. We stayed at Grand Island KOA before but didn't want to get up in the Falls traffic. On the advice of a "friend" who had stayed here previous, I booked a week at Colden Lakes "Resort" in Colden NY. It really looked nice on line with paved streets and sites. Got here last Sunday afternoon to find gravel roads, gravel spot (unlevel), and a trailer next spot over with their awning, table, mat, and assorted toys over in our spot. (nobody home) The gravel pull thru is about 9' wide and the living area is about another 8' between sites. I did manage to move their table enough to squeeze the coach in between the awning and a small tree as they were booked solid and didn't have another spot for our length of stay, and NO REFUNDS. Did I mention it's also a mud pit with a solid day of rain coming?:rolleyes: Oh, and the nice paved areas around the lakes are all permanents. :mad: At least I get to visit with my sister and niece in the area and see some of the sights along with chicken wings at the Anchor Bar!

20240804_160516.jpg
20240804_160556.jpg

A bar with wings can mitigate many negatives.

From the book "How did I end up here", a new chapter from Jim, Bonnie and Irma. Trying to find a decent campground near Buffalo to the east was a real chore. We stayed at Grand Island KOA before but didn't want to get up in the Falls traffic. On the advice of a "friend" who had stayed here previous, I booked a week at Colden Lakes "Resort" in Colden NY. It really looked nice on line with paved streets and sites. Got here last Sunday afternoon to find gravel roads, gravel spot (unlevel), and a trailer next spot over with their awning, table, mat, and assorted toys over in our spot. (nobody home) The gravel pull thru is about 9' wide and the living area is about another 8' between sites. I did manage to move their table enough to squeeze the coach in between the awning and a small tree as they were booked solid and didn't have another spot for our length of stay, and NO REFUNDS. Did I mention it's also a mud pit with a solid day of rain coming?:rolleyes: Oh, and the nice paved areas around the lakes are all permanents. :mad: At least I get to visit with my sister and niece in the area and see some of the sights along with chicken wings at the Anchor Bar!
I always check campgroundreviews.com.

Rivers West RV park on the South Umpqua between Grants Pass and Eugene. A few miles north of Seven Feathers if that helps. The pics make it look more presentable than it actually is but the 10 y/o grandson finds it perfect for fishing and bike riding so…freeway noise and old campers with deep roots notwithstanding….mission accomplished. And Skipper approves of anything as long as he can go for a ride. Tomorrow we are headed for Coburg for a windshield - what fun!

IMG_3087.jpegIMG_3088.jpegIMG_3083.jpeg

Last edited:
Rivers West RV park on the South Umpqua between Grants Pass and Eugene. A few miles north of Seven Feathers if that helps. The pics make it look more presentable than it actually is but the 10 y/0 grandson finds it perfect for fishing and bike riding so…freeway noise and old campers with deep roots notwithstanding….mission accomplished. And Skipper approves of anything as long as he can go for a ride. Tomorrow we are headed for Coburg for a windshield - what fun!

View attachment 25287View attachment 25286View attachment 25285
We think you will be pleased with your windshield replacement there. Meanwhile, you can stroll next door to Marathon, and think about upgrading 😜 Judy D

We think you will be pleased with your windshield replacement there. Meanwhile, you can stroll next door to Marathon, and think about upgrading 😜 Judy D
I hope so - logistics are still a bit uncertain, but I’ll figure it out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back