• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
The Xite HD 360 Camera system is $3,270 option on some Newmar models including the New Aire. The system consists of 4 HD cameras (front, R/L side and rear) providing a full 360 degree view around the coach. The system is integrated into the Xite XSG3 infotainment system. As integrated into the system there are an addition two normal definition cameras included tied to the turn signals. So the New Aire has a today of 6 external cameras (4HD and 2 ND). There is no way to use the cameras without the Xite XSG3 system.

Newmar integrated the the XSG3 system with the SilverLeaf system in order to allow Rozie to be able to upload images from the coach when it is powered down. Rozie picks off images from the cameras (2 ND and 1 HD) and uploads them to the Rozie web site. For this to all work SilverLeaf and the cameras are powered on 24x7 in the New Aire. All electrical connections to these systems are always on irrespective of the position of the coach power switch.

So the cameras are powered up all the time. I don't think they were designed for continuous use. So far I have lost two HD cameras on my New Aire. So no doubt the other two will go soon. I am now pulling the plug on the Xite HDCMM video switcher when the coach is in storage to depower the cameras. I will figure out a way to put a switch in the circuit.

IMG_4047-XL.jpg

The last camera to fail was the rear camera. This is obviously the most important camera in the system. Changing out this camera was a challenge. The cameras have a single shielded Fakra terminated cable going from the Xite video switcher to the camera. The rear camera cable comes up from the chassis into the space between the aft wall and the rear cap. The Fakra connector for the camera is that space. There are two bulkheads between the camera connector and the camera on the rear mask. And Newmar stuck the cable down with lots of calking so there was no way to pull out the rear.

IMG_4045-XL.jpg

The only approach to to gain access to the space between the rear coach wall and the rear mask which in the New Aire is about a foot deep from the engine compartment to the roof. You gain access to this space by pulling the KIB lighting electronic junction box in the closet. Here is the box out with camera cable Fakra plug on top.

IMG_4044-XL.jpg

Having done all this I know have all sorts of ideas about using this space in the future. There is very little insulation in the space. There needs to be more. But it is also a good place to run wires from the roof, rear mask, cabin or engine compartment.

Here is a shot looking up the space. Fiber glass board on the bottom is the front of the rear mask. Insulation is covering part of the rear cabin wall. Wire at the top is running along the roof at the top of the rear cap.

IMG_4050-X3.jpg

@turbopilot ...Newmar must have changed the installation of the rear camera after your coach was built. My rear camera failed on our trip this past summer...Riverpark sent a replacement and it was an easy install. The connection cable was accessible from the engine compartment...just a couple cable ties holding the cable in place. I can take pictures tomorrow, but it's probably a moot point.

@turbopilot ...Newmar must have changed the installation of the rear camera after your coach was built. My rear camera failed on our trip this past summer...Riverpark sent a replacement and it was an easy install. The connection cable was accessible from the engine compartment...just a couple cable ties holding the cable in place. I can take pictures tomorrow, but it's probably a moot point.

I have one of the first NA's, so they must have corrected the installation. Got mine all back together.

It sounds similar to the dash radio, something not designed to be "always on" so I installed a rocker switch to kill power when needed (red wire) yet settings power (yellow wire) remains powered. If anyone wants custom switches this is where I got mine per recommendation of @redbaron

One thing I did was wire in a simple circuit on the power. It takes input from the ignition and the battery. It provides battery power to the radio. When the ignition goes out, it starts a countdown timer. I have set mine for 7 days. After 7 days, it powers off the devices.

In this case, the devices are the head unit, the 360 DVR, and the 360 camera's. This prevents long term running of cameras, but allows me to have record of what goes on when traveling and staying at parks along the way.

One thing I did was wire in a simple circuit on the power. It takes input from the ignition and the battery. It provides battery power to the radio. When the ignition goes out, it starts a countdown timer. I have set mine for 7 days. After 7 days, it powers off the devices.

In this case, the devices are the head unit, the 360 DVR, and the 360 camera's. This prevents long term running of cameras, but allows me to have record of what goes on when traveling and staying at parks along the way.
Is this a single device? If so got a link.

Is this a single device? If so got a link.

Yes, this is a single device.

There are many different styles of these timers, but this one had enough head room (10 amps) to run my DVR, DashCam, and Radio.

You may want to order the "Timer Control" configuration button board, it is only $5

Has anyone replaced the front Xite 360 camera yet? Mine has gone bad and the cable cannot be pulled out from the front anchor point. Will need to get inside the front mask but behind the center cabinet to disconnect the Fakra cable connector.

Has anyone replaced the front Xite 360 camera yet? Mine has gone bad and the cable cannot be pulled out from the front anchor point. Will need to get inside the front mask but behind the center cabinet to disconnect the Fakra cable connector.
Sorry to hear...will be interested to hear how it get resolved. So far, I have replaced the rear and driver side cameras...both were relatively easy.

I replaced my front camera. Same issue. I had to buy new Fakra connector to install new camera. Cut the old camera cable right near camera then install new Fakra connector to connect new camera.

Latest resources

Back