• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just had knee surgery yesterday so no rush.
Sorry to hear...hope everything is okay. Probably no pickleball for awhile?

Thanks. Yeah. Gonna be a few months but at least next time hopefully not playing in a lot of pain and muscles going bezerk. Torn meniscus and cartilage mess. Went much better than expected. No meds today. Just ice and elevation.

Good instructions for re-assembly of hotend:
Slightly different than the Prusa hotend, but through step 20 seems about the same (different collet)

I followed the above link, may finish this up today. It's a bit weird how the heat sink screws in and butts against the nozzle. Makes me wonder if I'll get the nozzle flush against the heat block. Did you have to do any tweaking on this?

@Neal , Yes, I wondered about that also. However, step 25 is the key...heat it up and tighten. Ultimately the nozzle seats against the heat sink vs the heat block. If it touches the heat block, it may not have seated properly against the heat sink. This was part of my enlightenment about how this all works and the importance of properly changing nozzles. Actually, the nozzle may end up seating against the PTFE tube?

Last edited:
Gonna be a few months but at least next time hopefully not playing in a lot of pain and muscles going bezerk. Torn meniscus and cartilage mess.
@Neal Been there and done it 2x. Get Well soon and do your PT!

Google always listening - this popped up in my YouTube feed today. Explains why the nozzle is not flush to the heat block

And of course now YouTube will keep feeding me hotend videos, but this one was a good one.

And of course now YouTube will keep feeding me hotend videos, but this one was a good one.

Very helpful...easier to maintain things when you know how they work!

Just to prove that us 3D printing geeks don't spend all day just fixing our printers, thought it's time to show the kind of thing we can create. This was designed/printed to improve the efficiency of our silverware drawer. Here are before and after pictures:
BuckySilverwareB4.jpg
BuckySilverwareOrganizer.jpg

I created bins for my pantry sliders, not sure if I ever showed them here. Takes a long time to print but it gives you full height of storage within each bin to just underneath the pantry drawer above. Can really improve pantry storage by taking advantage of full height.

Latest resources

Back