Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Are you using Pepwave SpeedFusion?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am installing on my own servers as well.

You can use AWS or other cloud servers. I prefer cloud servers with unlimited bandwidth and low latency.

Vultr, OVH, So You Start are some of the budget friendly options.

After reading this thread I took a look at the Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G Router for use with a T-Mobile 5G SIM and Verizon 4G SIM but before I can order one from the 5GStore I have to click that I know that and I quote "I understand that T-mobile doesn't support consumer 5G plans for this device". Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile 5G and the Pepwave 5G Router?

Call or live chat with 5GStore.com - they're great. My guess is it may not support Band 71 or something like that (haven't looked, getting ready to run out).

After reading this thread I took a look at the Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G Router for use with a T-Mobile 5G SIM and Verizon 4G SIM but before I can order one from the 5GStore I have to click that I know that and I quote "I understand that T-mobile doesn't support consumer 5G plans for this device". Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile 5G and the Pepwave 5G Router?

I have been using TMobile on the Peplink 5G for 3 months now.

I get on average 340Mb/s download, and 85Mb/s upload. It is my primary carrier when it is operational.

I have seen regular band 71 usage on this device in markets that support it.

1654879437846.png

1654879534881.png

I forgot @MapNerd had great success with T-Mobile in his BR1 Pro 5G in Florida. Also seeing 300+

Call or live chat with 5GStore.com - they're great. My guess is it may not support Band 71 or something like that (haven't looked, getting ready to run out).
I have not had good luck with 5G tech support. I called and asked if the BR1 5G would work with the FMCA Sprint 5G Sim and he said he has no experience but purchased it and if doesn't work return it. I ask about the 20% restock and he said that I would have to pay that even if it didn't work.

@Gizmo have you read up on Magic?

Ok, own servers. Are you putting fusion hub behind your home (sticks and bricks) firewalls?

Ok, own servers. Are you putting fusion hub behind your home (sticks and bricks) firewalls?
Yes. I have multiple providers at the stick as well, and this is a good solution to aggregate. I also can force my ip to be the same.

Another reason this is good...Hulu premium wasn't worth it before as the locals went out when I travel. Now I can keep Hulu plus and us fusionhub to keep my ip the same regardless where I am. I also use OpenVPN on my laptop for same purpose.

Private vpn is a game changer, and costs are less than public Vpns that get blocked.

Yes. I have multiple providers at the stick as well, and this is a good solution to aggregate. I also can force my ip to be the same.

Another reason this is good...Hulu premium wasn't worth it before as the locals went out when I travel. Now I can keep Hulu plus and us fusionhub to keep my ip the same regardless where I am. I also use OpenVPN on my laptop for same purpose.

Private vpn is a game changer, and costs are less than public Vpns that get blocked.
Curious, as this was on my list, trying to get VPN to home either to my sonicwall (not ideal) or was thinking an extra max BR1 I have.

Not the only thing that might be a problem is I don't have a static IP at home. I have dyndns setup, but not static (though my lease will often last for months).

Does fusion hub require a static IP for VPN tunnel from peplink router.

Latest resources

Back