Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Are you using Pepwave SpeedFusion?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Curious, as this was on my list, trying to get VPN to home either to my sonicwall (not ideal) or was thinking an extra max BR1 I have.

Not the only thing that might be a problem is I don't have a static IP at home. I have dyndns setup, but not static (though my lease will often last for months).

Does fusion hub require a static IP for VPN tunnel from peplink router.
Dyndns would work. It needs either a host name or IP.

After reading this thread I took a look at the Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G Router for use with a T-Mobile 5G SIM and Verizon 4G SIM but before I can order one from the 5GStore I have to click that I know that and I quote "I understand that T-mobile doesn't support consumer 5G plans for this device". Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile 5G and the Pepwave 5G Router?

I have a T-Mobile 5G sim card and I use it in my Peplink 5G CAT 20 router. The T-Mobile works just fine. I end up using it more than the AT&T sim card that I also have. The AT&T runs at 4G most of the time.

First experiences with Pepwave FusionHub:

I can't really gauge speed differences of hub vs. no hub as my location is heavily congested and inconsistent on speeds. This morning I was showing around 9 MB speeds on FusionHub and tried Verizon only (stronger of the two) and it went up to around 40'ish. But that was temporary, not long after it became unstable and slow again. I tried downloading an update to my macOS IDE and it kept failing. I turned on FusionHub (thanks for the outbound policy tip) and while no screaming speeds it was reliable at around 6-9 MB/s. So my observation to date (hours with it) is it's a more stable Internet connection. I have two WAN's in use: AT&T Mobley and Verizon Prepaid Unlimited.

OK, was having a heck of a time getting a stable connection at a new RV park/resort I'm leasing a spot at. I setup fusion hub on AWS and routed all (two cellular and two wifi wan) to it, and am going to experiment today and see how the results are.

Too early to jump to conclusions but I'm having issues with 1Password. It could be something on their end, an update gone bad, or it's Speedfusion/VPN that it's not liking. I google'd the problem I'm having and it seems they can block IP addresses on their end and I wonder if I triggered a block by using FusionHub? I submitted a support ticket and provided my IP and will see what they say. I also turned off FH and the issue remains so it may not be FH as the cause. Issue is occurring in Google Chrome on both Mac and Windows so it's not computer specific.

Edit: having a problem with another web page, something's wrong. Rebooting router and computers.
Edit2: Pep1 had a different firmware, I must have missed updating it the other day. FH and Pep2 were on 8.2.1, Pep1 8.2.0. I updated Pep1 which also triggered a reboot and now everything is working fine. No computer reboots.

I had a forum I visit regularly block me using fusionhub hosted on AWS. Setup an advanced outbound policy for that domain to use lowest latency (or whatever the one second to the bottom is).

Since I don't currently have a static IP at home, I decided to host in AWS. Seriously thinking about upgrading my suddenlink home cable to business, which will let me get a static IP, but more importantly, actually get real tech support (residential, if you call about an outage, they schedule an appointment for a week or two out, when it's always a line issue -- so now, I don't bother even calling, I just fall back to my BR1 at home).

Also, think I'm going to upgrade to a 5 peer paid Fusionhub and create a VPC of several peplinks.

I think I'll be discontinuing use of FusionHub. I've noticed it is throwing my iPhone for a loop, not receiving messages, phone calls, push notifications, etc. I reboot my phone and the flood comes in (cellular only). Happened to me twice now that I'm not sure what's going on but the iPhone is not liking this Internet situation.

I think I'll be discontinuing use of FusionHub. I've noticed it is throwing my iPhone for a loop, not receiving messages, phone calls, push notifications, etc. I reboot my phone and the flood comes in (cellular only). Happened to me twice now that I'm not sure what's going on but the iPhone is not liking this Internet situatio
You have a dedicated IP at home? That seemed to be happening to me in RV when I had all my WANs set to fastest response (same priority, using then ask but no fussing hub). I think it was getting confused somehow and had same issue you describe.

When I went to fusionhub in AWS with dedicated IP, I don't recall it happening again.

Latest resources

Back