• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
to wait to pulg in your car so you can proceed with your urgent mission. I guess you could do something else. Read a book, Play solitary, write your novel…..
Or go to any commercial DC fast charger and recharge. Nobody is being prohibited from charging, they are just asking people to turn off high current items like dryers and car chargers during peak hours. This is not new. It’s done all the time. Charging is not prohibited.

And it’s pretty easy to set a cars timer to charge during the night. We do it all the time. 5 seconds tops. Start every day with a full charge. Works well.

Yes. We get our power from BC hydro. They actually just applied to the utilities commision to lower their rates so we haven’t seem much increase in rates in the last 7 years. Adjusted for inflation our power is roughly the same as it was in the late 70’s. I’m sure it will go up though. Just the way it is.

Having said that, 7 years ago when we switched to electric it was 4 times cheaper to drive electric. Now it’s 6 times. Our utility is applying to introduce time of use rates. If they do it will drop it to 12 times cheaper than gasoline when charging at home between midnight and 5 AM. Fingers crossed.

Cheers.
Hydro power is one of the cheapest power sources. Our problem is we will soon be so low on water that our turbines wont turn.

Hydro power is one of the cheapest power sources. Our problem is we will soon be so low on water that our turbines wont turn.
Hydro also makes for some cool dam tours in the Pacific North West. Grand Coulee comes to mind…

Hydro also makes for some cool dam tours in the Pacific North West. Grand Coulee comes to mind…
For sure. Our grade 12 class did a tour of Mica Dam back in 1980. Pretty cool. Since then they have added two more turbines and they built the revelstoke Dam downstream.

There are a number of hydro projects coming on line in the country in the next 3 to 10 years.

Well when heading out for our camping weekend I had a little over a half tank of gas. I figured going north on Rt 81 there would have to be a decent gas station I could get a discount. WRONG.... My route takes me up into NY then back down into PA Tioga County. Needed gas pulled ito a TA In NY. $6.69 a gallon. 45.68 gallons later...$306.00...discount with my TSD card $22.89....Program fee $2.289 final price $286.06

These are EXPENSIVE times.....
HH

The U.S. has cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day in the last few months. This is not by accident but reflects the policies by the current administration. All they do is point the finger at others. This is easily verified.

Sails (2).jpg
Here's my hybrid. 1,000 miles to the gallon. Tacking is a bitch though.

Latest resources

Back