Chassis
Spartan
Engine
X15
TOW/TOAD
Stacker Trailer
Fulltimer
No
Anyone ever have a fogged up window repaired?Any company’s out there that do this?This is a smaller crank out window that could be shipped.

If you are willing to tackle this as a DYI you might try this

@mansracing I've used Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL with good results. In my case it was a solid window i.e. not the flip out. Fog DR in Searcy AR is another source. Never used them so have nothing to offer regarding their service.

I've been to Suncoast several times over the past 3 years, 3 times to repair things that they did wrong (scratches inside window, leaks between windows, etc... some still not repaired, I gave up.) They seem to hire part time help to remove the windows and have a big turnover. I haven't had much luck with them and wouldn't personally recommend them.

During the Tampa RV show in January I began educating myself about companies that repair and replace RV windows due to fogging. I had four windows that required attention. The co-pilot side window, entrance door, pilot’s side front and the header across the top of the pilot’s window.

Before and after the RV show I stayed at Lazydays and watched the mobile window companies roll through and secure a lot of business. My campground neighbor had two dual pane windows repaired at his site. Once the technicians removed the window assembly they separated the two panes and permitted me to drag my fingernail across the fogged area. The glass was etched from prolonged exposure to moisture. He said the longer the glass is exposed to moisture the greater the chance of irreparable etching that buffing with fine steel-wool would not remove. Therefore, the fogged appearance, once reassembled, could remain. The mobile companies carry new replacement non-tempered glass that could be sealed, married together and installed on framed windows only.

My fogging was pretty bad. I did not want to take the chance of having repairs done and have a chance that the windows could remain somewhat fogged. So, I set up an appointment with Darren Thomas Glass Company in Sebring, Florida. Fortunately, I live in Florida, so it was a short four-hour drive for service. (Driving from MN would be a completely different story). They have temporary sites at their facility with electricity and water. They came out right at eight o’clock the next morning and I was on the road home by two. They replaced my fogged panes with tempered solid green or tinted glass. I was told the mobile companies do not carry tempered glass.

I was told by more than one company that an individual glass pane on a multi-glass frameless window could not be repaired. The entire window should be replaced. I would be interested in anyone’s experience with repairing/replacing panes of glass in a frameless window.

I removed and fixed one of mine myself. Not really hard, just make sure everything is good and clean. I used 3m 08609 window-weld. I have a couple more I need to do and will be using window butyl tape as I will have a more uniform adhesive layer between the window panes.
1687625644379.png

Anyone ever have a fogged up window repaired?Any company’s out there that do this?This is a smaller crank out window that could be shipped.
We have had problems with the flip out windows and the one above them on one. The first time under warranty, the next time we paid to replace the window on our dime. We tried to find favorable reviews on other methods without good results. I know this new style of window looks sleek, but I wish we had the old framed windows. We would then be able to take the coach to RV Glass Solutions, and have them put their glass in that will never fog. They replace with laminated glass. Hopefully, someone will come up with a truly viable solution to this problem. Judy D

During the Tampa RV show in January I began educating myself about companies that repair and replace RV windows due to fogging. I had four windows that required attention. The co-pilot side window, entrance door, pilot’s side front and the header across the top of the pilot’s window.

Before and after the RV show I stayed at Lazydays and watched the mobile window companies roll through and secure a lot of business. My campground neighbor had two dual pane windows repaired at his site. Once the technicians removed the window assembly they separated the two panes and permitted me to drag my fingernail across the fogged area. The glass was etched from prolonged exposure to moisture. He said the longer the glass is exposed to moisture the greater the chance of irreparable etching that buffing with fine steel-wool would not remove. Therefore, the fogged appearance, once reassembled, could remain. The mobile companies carry new replacement non-tempered glass that could be sealed, married together and installed on framed windows only.

My fogging was pretty bad. I did not want to take the chance of having repairs done and have a chance that the windows could remain somewhat fogged. So, I set up an appointment with Darren Thomas Glass Company in Sebring, Florida. Fortunately, I live in Florida, so it was a short four-hour drive for service. (Driving from MN would be a completely different story). They have temporary sites at their facility with electricity and water. They came out right at eight o’clock the next morning and I was on the road home by two. They replaced my fogged panes with tempered solid green or tinted glass. I was told the mobile companies do not carry tempered glass.

I was told by more than one company that an individual glass pane on a multi-glass frameless window could not be repaired. The entire window should be replaced. I would be interested in anyone’s experience with repairing/replacing panes of glass in a frameless window.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back