• Commercial/Vendors welcome

GFCI outlets on 2016 London Aire 4519

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You have a 16LADP. The hwh fws had some issues for both 16 &17. The bedroom end would sag down some. This seems to load the main floor right at the end of the FWS. Usually causes some of the tiles just before the master bath area to crack. I have some of those. Have you ever seen the wiring mesh for the floor heat? They are thin and can easily break. A cracked tile 'may' casue damage to the mesh. *IF* that maybe the issue, perhaps you can get Newmar to deal with it.
The previous owner had the "fix" done to correct the FWS problem. When I bought the coach, the dealer found that one of the zones was inoperative, and they fixed it. But there was also some damage to the floor of the FWS and the dealership sent the coach to Newmar for repair, and Newmar tore out (and replaced) a large section of the FWS floor.

When the coach finally arrived here, only the Master Bath floor heat worked. Of course, the dealer said all sections worked fine when it left their place and that Newmar must have damaged the floors when they did the repair work. And of course, Newmar said that they didn't damage it, and that it must have not gotten fixed at the dealership. So basically, it's up to me to fix.

The Front area start working after I reset the GFI switch under the sink in the half bath, even though the GFI was showed a green light before the reset. The area that is not working is in the bedroom, and coincidentally, that's in the general area where the FWS floor was repaired. The 2016 LADP doesn't have heated floors in the FWS, so I'm skeptical as to how the heated floor in the bedroom area would have been damaged by work being done on the FWS. But perhaps a wire in that area took some damage.

Thanks for the response!

There you go, been there....

The fix is more like a pathup. It still sags abit which over loads the main floor. with fws open walk back towards the master bath. just in the corner of the bedroom and on the main floor is one of the areas which the sagging will overload the main floor. though the fws tiles can also crack along the fws in the bedroom area. been thru all of this.

I think Newmar changed the fws for 2018 or 19. they don't seem to travel out as far as 16 and 17 models, to avoid that issue. I keep fogetting to ask RB to measure his to compare.

As for the problem, mine failed when it was only a month or 2 old. Luckily, I was at Newmar camp for service. That morning just as I was attempting to bring the FWS IN to go to service, while the fws was lifting up, the main floor came up to!!!! You can't imagine what that experince was like. It cracked all the tiles on the main floor accross to the kitchen sink as well all the tiles along the edge of the main floor next to the FWS, from front to just about bedroom area.

It took almost 4 days just to remove a dozen or so tiles. The floor heat mesh is just under the tile and can VERY easily be damaged, while chipping away on the tiles. Painfully slow process. The tech was pretty good and I was there the whole time. He had some alarm gagets which was attached to the relays for each zone. If a mesh got damaged, he would here the buzzer right away and fix the torn wire. If not caught you'll likely have a very difficult time to find where the damage is. So depends who worked on it and if they had the relay tester for the zone.

If part of the one zone works and not the rest, its likey there is a cut in the mesh somehwere under the tiles.

Hopefully, you can find a simpler solution.

Latest resources

Back