Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
It’s been a while since I ran the coach and have the gen on under load to exercise. I was scrolling through the panel and noticed low battery. I presume the inverter will charge up?
E97F101E-5C2F-4AFE-AB78-D77322995D78.jpeg

Now it says inverter normal. Does the inverter get charged up when plugged into 110?

The inverter draws power from the batteries to provide 120V inside the coach when not plugged into shore power. The charger requires 120V to keep the batteries charged. When the batteries get low, the inverter detects that and tells you the batteries need charging.

It sounds like you did not have the coach plugged into shore power while in storage and the batteries got low from the residual loads. When you plugged into shore power, the charger topped off the batteries.

I'm thinking that since things returned to normal, all is working as it should. Can you keep the coach plugged into shore power while in storage? Or, at least, plug in more frequently?

TJ

That’s what is weird. It Is plugged in all the time.

I am back at storage. I checked the power at the outlet. 119. However i Don’t hear the transfer switch when I plug in. I see this as well.

F2916A75-87A3-4C1A-B251-36549238718C.jpeg

I'm assuming this is A 50A connection using a standard 50A RV receptacle. It papers that it is mis-wired with a mixed ground and neutral. This can happen a couple of ways. The neutral and ground wire connections could be reversed on the receptacle. Or, another circuit in the box (a separate 20A receptacle, perhaps) could be improperly connected to one of the legs of the main feed.

There is a difference between "neutral" and "ground" even though they are at the same potential...most of the time. Looks to me like your EMS doesn't like the wiring configuration. Have you used this particular power connection previously? If so, have any recent changes been made to the electrical system?

I would have a qualified electrician look at the shore power connection and configure it correctly.

TJ

No it’s a 120 outlet. I change the magnum remote to 15 amps and I have been storing this way for 3 years. All of the sudden it’s not working.

I'm running out of ideas. I assume you were using an adapter from the coach power cable to the 15A outlet? Same adapter as always? Are you sure you got the Magnum properly configured to 15A?

Has anything in the electrical system (outlet or coach) changed since the last time you used it?

TJ

Nothing. Everything is the same as it has been for 3 years+ so tomorrow I am going to open the transfer switch box and see where that leads me hoping it’s a switch or loose wire. It could be the famous reel problem like @ARD and others have had for which I will be calling Sherry Monday am to get an appointment. So strange that it happened all of the sudden.

I am back at storage. I checked the power at the outlet. 119. However i Don’t hear the transfer switch when I plug in. I see this as well.

View attachment 3078

I just went through the same process. The fix to mine was to assure that ALL 120VAC circuit breakers are ON.

Latest resources

Back