Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4328 - FL Chassis
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
Yes
Ultra heavy rains has resulted in finding a leak from the emergency door exit window. Water was coming from the bottom inside part of the window and running down the wall.
Questions
1) When extracting all the screws does the window come apart (like layers of a sandwich)? Is the window fairly easy to put back on?
2) After a full cleaning, what type of caulk should I use?
Any words of wisdom on this issue is appreciated. Also appreciate any responses!

Ultra heavy rains has resulted in finding a leak from the emergency door exit window. Water was coming from the bottom inside part of the window and running down the wall.
Questions
1) When extracting all the screws does the window come apart (like layers of a sandwich)? Is the window fairly easy to put back on?
2) After a full cleaning, what type of caulk should I use?
Any words of wisdom on this issue is appreciated. Also appreciate any responses!
I had the exact same issue with the window by my door. I suspect it had been seeping since it was new in 2000. Window ( if they are like mine) come apart easily. Just remove screws from inside frame, remove that frame and the window comes out. Should have some adhesive holding it in. The gasket on mine was all crooked. (I suspect it was installed that way). I remove the gasket, clean the window frame good and the window opening, and used a liberal (I hate that word. LOL) amount of high quality silicone sealer either applied to the window frame or window opening.
I know it will mean some clean up, but I highly advise applying enough sealer that it squeezed out ALL THE WAY AROUND the outer edge of the window frame when you reinstall and tighten the inner frame. Otherwise, water might enter the frame and find it's way inside. (Don't ask me how I know this).
Here is a link to my repair if it helps. Scroll to about the middle of the page.

Thanks for the response DHudson.
Think I found the problem. This morning I checked the screws around the window and they needed tightening! Checked the remaining windows and only like 10 total needed a half of a turn or less. Something else I recommend checking (at least the emergency door window).
Also found on another forum that a new seal is needed if a window is taken out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back