DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
For the second time in 11 years, my magneshades departed the pattern last night and ended up in a heap in the next site over.

We are back at the Outer Banks and it’s always windy here. A front came through last night, the wind was up around 30mph, and came from the perfect angle to lift a corner.

Two fails in 11 years is an acceptable rate, especially given the hostile environments I’ve subjected them to.

I've been in high winds and thankfully haven't seen that yet. I can certainly see the risk of this and potential need to remove in high winds. Obviously proper magnets (bigger ones) in the right places, proper install, all plays in.

The good news is they have never gone beyond the next site. The bad news is I think I need to order a wiper arm.

Sorry to hear that. Wind can damage a lot of things very quickly! I bought a brand new 10x10 pop up tent with the GEORGIA BULLDOGS logos on it so you know it wasn't cheap. We used it on the beach each day for some much needed shade. Last day of the trip it was raining so we packed it up wet. When I got home I set it back up so it could dry on the back deck overlooking the pool. I used 3.5" decking screws to hold the feet in place so every gust of wind didn't try to pick it up. Next morning I came out to find this thing wadded up like a used Kleenex. ? Must have had a bad storm during the night with some high winds. So we got to use it one time and then it went into the garbage. ?

Sorry to hear that. Wind can damage a lot of things very quickly! I bought a brand new 10x10 pop up tent with the GEORGIA BULLDOGS logos on it so you know it wasn't cheap. We used it on the beach each day for some much needed shade. Last day of the trip it was raining so we packed it up wet. When I got home I set it back up so it could dry on the back deck overlooking the pool. I used 3.5" decking screws to hold the feet in place so every gust of wind didn't try to pick it up. Next morning I came out to find this thing wadded up like a used Kleenex. ? Must have had a bad storm during the night with some high winds. So we got to use it one time and then it went into the garbage. ?

Your up there close to Tennessee border, are you sure it wasn’t a neighbor Tennessee fan?

Your up there close to Tennessee border, are you sure it wasn’t a neighbor Tennessee fan?
That is a possibility Bill. I hadn't thought of that!! :LOL:

Latest resources

Back