Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Just got this email from Newmar. Apparently, there will be no hovering over the techs...

Good Afternoon,
Sorry that I missed speaking with you today. Here is the info outline I discussed with you concerning the COVID Service Waiver Form, and The updated Factory Service process for your appointment.

• PLEASE NOTE : As I stated during our conversation today, we would like EVERYONE TRAVELING TO NEWMAR FOR THE SERVICE APPOINTMENT to review the attached “Service Waiver form” prior to your appointment.
  • EVERYONE TRAVELING in the coach needs to be present at time of “CHECK IN” the first morning of the appointment, as they will be asked to sign the “Service Waiver Form”.
  • Please call me at 800-731-8300 option #2 if you have any additional
—————————————————————————————​
SUBJECT: UPDATED FACTORY SERVICE PROCESS
  • 1. There will be “NO“ Customer access to the service shop.
  • 2. The Lobby access will be available “ONLY” from 6:00 – 2:30.
  • 3. All scheduled customer(s) will need to bring a face mask or something equivalent. - Customers are to social distance them self’s as well and wear their mask if not able to stay the 6 ft. distance in all areas of the building.
  • 4. ALL Customer(s) MUST come to the customer lobby daily wearing a face mask to have their temps taken. This begins on the 1st morning of their appointment and continues till the last day. Newmar service personnel will not go out to units until the customer has been screened daily. Customer will be given a sticker showing that they have been screened. During all Newmar Service correspondence with each customer face to face during their appointment, the customer MUST have a mask. These processes will be in affect till this pandemic is over.
  • 5. Customer(s) will need to enter the side door to the east of the Lobby with Blue X’s marked for standing 6 ft. apart. Couples can stand together on an X. - All other doors will remain locked. If they have a pet they will have access but once their temp is checked they would need to go straight to the pet lounge and all pet policies would remain the same.
  • 6. ALSO NOTE, : Units that are dropped or that have customers willing to stay in motels will have a shorter repair time due to elimination of this daily check-in. However Newmar will not reimburse motel fees as this is a pandemic.
Absolutely no customer(s) allowed in the shop during this pandemic. - There will be exceptions to CPUs

—————————————————————————————
RELEASE FORM
The undersigned (“Releaser”) has requested or may request that Newmar Corporation (“Newmar”) perform service on Releaser’s motorhome (the “Service”) at Newmar’s customer service facility (the “Facility”). As a condition to the Service and any access by Releaser to the Facility, and in consideration thereof, Releasor hereby expressly accepts and agrees to the following terms contained in this Release.
Releaser Obligations. Releasr represents, warrants and covenants that:
  1. Releaser does not and has not within the past 14 days experienced any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including coughing, fever, shortness of breath, chills, headache, sore throat, muscle pain, loss of taste and loss of smell;
  2. Releaser has not within the past 14 days traveled to, or been exposed to someone who has traveled to, an area as categorized as high-risk for COVID-19;
  3. Releaser has not within the past 14 days been exposed to someone known to Releaser to have COVID-19;
  4. Releaser is familiar with and willing to maintain CDC-recommended guidelines for social distancing;
  5. Releaser is willing to wear a mask for the duration of their visit to the Facility;
  6. Releaser is willing to have Releaser’s temperature taken upon arrival to the Facility.
Release of Liability. THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS, FULLY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE NEWMAR FROM ANY LIABILITY for any damages, losses, injuries, or claims, to the extent related to the Service or Releaser’s presence at the Facility, in each case solely to the extent related to COVID-19.Releaser understands that while Newmar takes a number of precautions to protect against COVID-19 and the risk of COVID-19 introduction, Newmar makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding COVID-19 in relation to the Facility or the Service.
The undersigned understands that this is a contract, which limits the undersigned’s legal rights, and it is binding upon the undersigned, and his or her heirs, agents and legal representatives. The undersigned acknowledges that it has had an opportunity to consult with counsel of its choosing. If portions of this Release are invalid or unenforceable, it is agreed that the remaining portions will remain intact and enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provisions will be deemed replaced with valid and enforceable provisions that most closely resemble the parties’ intent.

THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS IS A FULL RELEASE OF COVID-19 RELATED LIABILITY.
The undersigned has read, understand and agree to comply with this Release.

Releaser’s Printed Name:

Releaser’s Signature:

Date:

Last edited:
Plainly written, well thought out, and easily followed.

I don't like the change, but the only alternative would be to close the factory service center which would be worse. I think they have handled this greatly.

When I go in for service, I plan on dropping it off, and staying offsite. That way the coach can get serviced quicker. It won't be the same without the hovering, but at least I know its being fixed by people that can and will get the job done.

No exceptions for CPU is interesting to me. So if you’re doing CPU, you just sort of sit there and stare at your coach through the glass window on the door into the service shop? I guess they are parking the coaches outside to let CPU customers access them initially? Idk.

No exceptions for CPU is interesting to me. So if you’re doing CPU, you just sort of sit there and stare at your coach through the glass window on the door into the service shop? I guess they are parking the coaches outside to let CPU customers access them initially? Idk.
Read your post above again

Absolutely no customer(s) allowed in the shop during this pandemic. - There will be exceptions to CPUs

Me? Fail reading? That’s unpossible!

Just got this email from Newmar. Apparently, there will be no hovering over the techs...
Thanks for posting! Good to have the heads up. I'll be there the first week of October.

September 13 overnight for a hand-over to service 9-14. 55 miles to home and wait for call that it’s done. Roof radius overlay.

The morning turnover really wasn’t too bad. Maybe lose a few minutes.

Don’t sweat that process...it’s NOT a big deal at all. In fact, it’s the exact same procedure as before COVID...
The tech comes over, talks to you.
Checks for jacks up, slides in, shoreline out.
And off he goes into the service center!

As he’s doing this, you’ve already walked across and gotten screened and can stay in the lobby or whatever you want to do.

Regardless of the new COVID stufd... I’d actually advocate leaving the coach inside anyways to eliminate the time for pickup and delivery every day. It also allows you to sleep in!

However, we had all our food, comforts, and dog with us; so we did the morning shuffle.

Latest resources

Back