• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Newmar just doesn’t seem to get it!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As example, in the early 1900's, parents taught their kids responsibility, how to "do stuff", work, properly take care of themselves, operate a gun safely. Today, the parents let the schools do it, because that is how they were raised. We are seeing a large swath of society, untrained in life, hence as stated not got a lick of sense. RV'ing is something you can learn how to do, but, it takes money and time. If you think I'm wrong, find any boat launch and watch the circus on almost any busy day. Dealers/manufacturers are at fault as much as anyone, they care about one thing only "MONEY", the customer and end user is second best in the process. People used to want to "learn how stuff works", today if it's not on their phone, they aint got a clue. Oh, as we age, the vast majority of people who RV will continue to decline in knowledge of courtesy, and helpfulness. If you think about this look along side of the road and all the trash there, but we all know not to litter, now where did all that trash come from?

Ours must be different than all the others, because on my panel above drivers position, I have awning panel, one switch off/on; one switch extend/retract; one switch wind sensor, high/medium/low. We have never had awning extend going down road, as I turn off switch as part of pre-departure check list. Normally, we don't use awning much anyway, berceuse I don't want to lose it if wind just does a wonkey thing.

FWIW-This will be our last Motorhome/RV period. The lifestyle/experience has lost it's allure because of many factors, not the least of which is impossibly of making a trip plan and getting into the places we want to get into, the rudeness of fellow campers. But mostly, the number of people who now own them and are just too stupid to do so, and no I am not talking about a "learning curve" actually the intelligence quotient needed to operate a large vehicle safely and professionally.
I read this and felt a little sad. You add so much to this site. There are still good people out there to meet and enjoy. What ever it is you choose, good luck and enjoy life.

We are going to use it this summer and see how things go,. so far getting a park at our schedule is problematic to some degree. MH works great.

We are going to use it this summer and see how things go,. so far getting a park at our schedule is problematic to some degree. MH works great.
I have just planned my trip from la to Indianapolis and returning thru Idaho and down. I booked every place. No problem. Mostly upscale but not all. I use Upscale luxury RV resorts for most. Enjoy your summer.

One thing to remember is that these are not “normal times.” It is all-too-easy to get discouraged in times like these, but we have faith that the situation will improve reasonably soon. Let conditions stabilize before you make any final decisions.

TJ

We travel the least in the summer months because it is more crowded, and we are not huge fans of hot weather. If we do travel in the summer to very northern cold areas, I book those trips way in advance. This has always been the case. As soon as the schools all open back up, reservations will not be as difficult September to June. Fall trips with leaves changing are my very favorite. Judy D

You too? Are you coming on my January Banff/Jasper trip?
I was told that trip filled up an hour after you announced it so we booked other arrangements. Sorry @frozenneal.

Hey, Old-RV’er, join me on the road somewhere. I will book the sites, (you will have to pay for yours, of course) and we will have a blast. There really are still great, old-school courteous, fun RVers out here, besides me.?

As example, in the early 1900's, parents taught their kids responsibility, how to "do stuff", work, properly take care of themselves, operate a gun safely. Today, the parents let the schools do it, because that is how they were raised. We are seeing a large swath of society, untrained in life, hence as stated not got a lick of sense. RV'ing is something you can learn how to do, but, it takes money and time. If you think I'm wrong, find any boat launch and watch the circus on almost any busy day. Dealers/manufacturers are at fault as much as anyone, they care about one thing only "MONEY", the customer and end user is second best in the process. People used to want to "learn how stuff works", today if it's not on their phone, they aint got a clue. Oh, as we age, the vast majority of people who RV will continue to decline in knowledge of courtesy, and helpfulness. If you think about this look along side of the road and all the trash there, but we all know not to litter, now where did all that trash come from?
I have been pondering this all day, deciding if I should respond. I think we are about the same age, and I can remember when visiting my grandparents in Iowa hearing a similar refrain, many years ago.I perceive that each older segment of our society feels that about the next generation? Even though rv locations are now more busy, I think it wonderful that folks are spending time with their children, and showing them the wonders of our country during this strange time.
We have 4 grandchildren aged between 11 and 20, they all love rving and nature. Both boys love to fix things. When our oldest grandson was working at Best Buy before leaving for college a couple of years ago, we decided to update our tv system to the latest because we could get the family discount. He came over to help Jerry put the system in…THANK GOD!!! He had to teach us how to use all the great new stuff? Our granddaughters are good students, the oldest has summer jobs. I have great hope for their generation? Judy D

Latest resources

Back