• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am here to report the epic fail of Kona grill mats. As @Neal mentioned in a previous post they looked dubious at working. The kicker was the promoted grill marks failed to appear and I knew I was doomed when I opened the lid and the grill mat was lodged in the roof of the grill. When the food was presented the DW casually commented I was skating on thin ice with no grill marks on the fish. She started reaching for her phone to contact door dash and I convinced her to give it a chance. Those grill mats now have a new home in the trash dumpster at the park. My Amazon privileges have been suspended indefinitely. There is some good news. The griddle worked really well making a smorgasbord of veggies and potatoes prior to the epic fail. Whoever mentioned using the low setting was spot on. We try again tomorrow. Back to using the regular grill.

I've told you and told you but I will tell you again...low and slow. Some people are slow learners.

Your grill grate may messed up grilling tofu too much.

I just wanted less mess to clean the grill which is the reason for the grill mats. Especially when we are traveling. Lesson learned.

Hey peeps, here is a very good recipe for cooking brisket on the Ninja. Enjoy!

Hey peeps, here is a very good recipe for cooking brisket on the Ninja. Enjoy!

Yumm. Awaiting results.

This was one of the better written recipes I've seen. Wayne Granzin is one of the moderators on the Ninja Woodfired Outdoor Community FB pages.

interesting article on wrapping brisket. I am sure Jim has strong opinions on this.

I'm a little disappointed! I quit using aluminum foil for the same reason I quit using aluminum cookware! I thought that point would have been mentioned, but nope!

@sheridany, I had a big stick burner at my ranch and would load it up with briskets ribs, and sausages. The only checking I did was keeping a good bed of coals. I would sometimes move the briskets around because of hotspots in the smoker. I never spritzed or wrapped.

With my Traeger or my Green Mountain pellet smokers, I wrap in butcher paper @ 165 ℉.

I'm not sure I will ever cook a brisket in the Ninja because I usually cook a 12-14# brisket.

OMG!!!!! Someone just posted on the Ninja FB page the recipe for "WHITE" sauce for chicken. @sheridany, there are at least two of you.

Latest resources

Back