Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kaymo22

RVF Newbee
I need so much advice feeling overwhelmed at this point. I will try to keep this short but long story.
My husband and I left our motorhome on a site in an RV park in Florida when the pandemic began... been sitting there for well over 2 years, baking in the sun, decals fading. Due to health issues we cannot go back down. Wanted to have it transported back here to PA but that is so expensive can't justify it. Right now it will not start and has no plates. My question is: Do you think selling in FL would be easier (would need to pay for help down there) or would trying to get it back to PA to sell be better? (We are fairly close to the Poconos). It's old, but in decent shape and ran well last time it was on the road, mechanical problems. Always had a service contract on it and taken care of. If you're still with me thank you and would love to hear opinions.

I think that it would be easier to sell and be easier and cheaper on you to sell in Florida.
Any gain from making it roadworthy to get it home would likely be lost in the cost of transporting it up North. Where in FLorida is the coach? A 2002 is not going to bring much money, even in great condition, so unfortunately, it may be time to try and recover what you can and avoid continuing to pay for a site and maintenance.
I'm in the Panhandle and would consider taking a free "looksee" if it is nearby. If you want me to, I will look, not touch, and just give you a first impression of it and some pictures.

That's so nice of you, but it's a bit south, in Arcadia. I don't expect to get a lot out of it... we've had it 16 years, and it's been good to us, so just held on to it. But like you said, we need to get it out of the park. I have some contacts down there, and a few options, just can't decide the best way to go. Thank you for your thoughts.
I appreciate your time.

Latest resources

Back