DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I was doing a little roof drain/gutter PM this afternoon and happened to sight down the top of the FWS.
IMG_1332.jpeg

Surprise!

It appears that seal is only adhered with glue and has obviously failed.

Unless someone convinces me this will cause me to rollover in a median strip, I’ll let Newmar have at it next year when I return to the mothership.

Oy

Can you unsee it?

I wonder how hard it would be to reseat the seal on the groove? Yeah, I realize you probably have to figure out how to disconnect the topper. My first instinct was/is remove it so it doesn't interfere or jam slide operation. Maybe reach out to a mobile RV tech?

I had to go out and look at my seals on the slides. They are all intact and very secure. I wonder if @Neemer's seal was ever bonded in place to begin with. I gave mine a bit of a tug to see what it would take to take it off and it is on there but good.

Thanks for the post! Gee another thing to wonder about:rolleyes:
I’m here to serve you.

I had to go out and look at my seals on the slides. They are all intact and very secure. I wonder if @Neemer's seal was ever bonded in place to begin with. I gave mine a bit of a tug to see what it would take to take it off and it is on there but good.
The guy or gal that put yours on had the day off when mine went through the line.

I was doing a little roof drain/gutter PM this afternoon and happened to sight down the top of the FWS.
View attachment 20263

Surprise!

Unless someone convinces me this will cause me to rollover in a median strip, I’ll let Newmar have at it next year when I return to the mothership.

Oy
checking ours! ( "mothership" 😂 )

View attachment 20263

Surprise!

Oy
This would drive me nuts knowing it was like that I would have to repair it. Clean the rail and seal very good and use a good grade of contact cement and get er done!

Latest resources

Back