Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

northwest-wiley

RVF Newbee
Hello! My husband and I (plus our 1 1/2 year old son) are heavily considering converting to full-time, stationary RV living (fifth wheel). We currently live in an overpriced, small apartment in the Pacific Northwest and we are ready to have a little more freedom with our living situation.
We are complete newbies to the RV lifestyle and we know nothing about owning and maintaining an RV. We are looking for the best advice/tips/tricks that seasoned RV owners have to offer in terms of living in a stationary RV. So please, pile on the advice. We still have a lot of research to do so we will be giving ourselves plenty of time to learn about everything before we commit.
Thank you!

There are a lot of full time RV camp grounds. A couple'a things to look for. #1 daily trash pickup, #2 laundry felicity, #3 RV maintenance available close by, #4 In a safe place. That is a little helpful info. You can google info on how to do things for your TT. Also as you start looking around you can ask questions here for helpful info. Skipper

My advice is to really think things through. If you are serious, then look at what are the things you can do without. Sell, donate, or throw away what you can that you won't need. Having a storage facility to store furniture, extra clothes, kitchen supplies, etc. is not worth the expense (speaking from experience) after the first year or so. Doing it that way will give you an 'out' IF by chance full timing is not for you. If you are planning on staying in the PNW I have an idea for you. I will PM you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back