Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MrsGrapes

RVF Newbee
We are looking to move the Insurance on our Class A from Progressive. Any suggestions for a new company? Pros and Cons welcome!

I’ve been with Foremost for 3 years. Had 1 glass claim and was very impressed with their service. I had a couple agents shop around at renewal and Foremost was still the best price.

Thanks for your response. Can you share your underwriting agency with me? As I shop the greatest challenge is getting an educated individual on the line and having confidence in their quotes! There are apples and oranges and I am dealing with online sales people that are online order takers and haven't a clue. But as a consumer I have quotes swinging almost $1600 less through Good Sam underwriting with Genrrsl National Insurance.

Because we are a minority with our local companies I am always concerned when I teach out to them..that they do not understand the product that I am requesting. Very frustrating!

FMCA has companies that offer RV insurance for their members specifically for the reasons you outlined. These people know what you're doing and know what RV'ers need. It might be worth a look!

We are looking to move the Insurance on our Class A from Progressive. Any suggestions for a new company? Pros and Cons welcome!
@MrsGrapes ... I have been with the same agency for a number of years and really like them. Ron will search for the best policy each year at renewal time.

FLSteve

Ronald L. Jarvie
Certified Insurance Counselor
Overland Insurance Services
480-994-9584 or 800-677-4027
[email protected]

We, too, are looking for insurance coverage on our new coach. I've checked with Ron Jarvie, as well as the various carriers listed in this thread, (Progressive, Foremost, and FMCA). Unfortunately, they will not insure an RV above $1M, and the coach we're getting next month is a new Newell that is well over that. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you very much, Ed

@ehochuli85
It’s very difficult to find any carrier that will insure over $1mm as you stated. You can try pure Insurance but they will want all your insurance business. Try Ron Lazarto and he can fill you in.
[email protected]

Before I switched I used National General (Good Sam). They were fine until the 33% increase one year. Worth a call?

Before I switched I used National General (Good Sam). They were fine until the 33% increase one year. Worth a call?

Thank you both - Neal and Sheridan. I'll give them a shot.

I used Miller RV Insurance who's a broker. Had the LLC insured with National and when we switched to a Florida registration, the best deal was with Progressive. They'll shop for you.

Latest resources

Back