• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Share your Starlink RV install and experiences

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It's interesting seeing the Starlink for RV installs (on Facebook) where people are running these up so high like they are cellular antennas. I realize part of it is simply the length of pole their using but I see people can't let go of the cellular mentality it seems.

It's interesting seeing the Starlink for RV installs (on Facebook) where people are running these up so high like they are cellular antennas. I realize part of it is simply the length of pole their using but I see people can't let go of the cellular mentality it seems.
I think a lot of the RV installs that are high up have to do with the fact that from campground to campground, site to site, you just don’t know what the tree lines will be like. The higher you can go the less likely you are to have an obstructed view.

True, but some pics I'm seeing are in the clear open with no trees around.

rv-starlink.png

Right but would you change your setup every time based on location you're at?
It all depends how it's stowed. If I can set my dish antenna on the roof or picnic table (assuming a trustworthy area) I'd do that. This isn't the only case and there have been discussions on this topic where people are reminding others, it doesn't have to be elevated. It just needs line of site with the SAT.

I'm guessing I'm going to be running up the ladder and just setting mine on the roof initially. Just like cellular antennas, the gears will be turning on how best to mount them and keep them secure from winds from sudden storms.

Been following and working to learn from the collective wisdom and experience.
Looks like Starlink RV is starting to get back logged for shipping. We ordered June 5 and have an estimated delivery of June 24-30. A little bit longer delay than I saw from others a few weeks ago.

Looks like Starlink RV is starting to get back logged for shipping. We ordered June 5 and have an estimated delivery of June 24-30. A little bit longer delay than I saw from others a few weeks ago.
Yeah and it actually gave me too much time to research and cancel…. While it would be a fun gadget reviews are very mixed still and I have new house batteries to buy so their delayed shipping led to a canceled order and reprioritization of funds 😅

I read they've had over 30,000 RV orders already, so that's probably caused the increased shipping times.

expensive
Yes, but in the context of an RV that costs over a quarter million....

Threw dishy in the back yard, since they started charging me for the first month of service.

Getting 20-25 down and about 8 up. Been less than 20 on a few speed tests.

My address is "wait-list" on the map.

Ordered one of these which I'll have along for the soon to start trip. If it works I'll screw it down to the roof and dicor it. Mount antenna to it when parked and run cable either into AV box over driver's seat or through a slide seal until I figure out the location.

pole-mount.png

Latest resources

Back