• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And on the note of trust in your tire manufacturer, look at the positive side, it did NOT blow.

I was curious what your TMPS shows for the actual pressure in it now. I would not get near it to put a gauge on the valve stem. Just curious.

Roger that on all of the above and #3 was just a joke :)
:)

Typo...Tires set for 110 (TPMS confirmed). And I agree, probably don't want to get near it. Like take a picture or anything. :rolleyes:

And on the note of trust in your tire manufacturer, look at the positive side, it did NOT blow.
That did cross my mind...but having a mental battle of that position vs why it happened at all.... :)

Rehash an old tire safety tip!!! 7 yes 7 years is expiration age. A major maintenance issue is keeping track of the tires age. Nitrogen fill keeps the inside of the tire from degrading as quickly so this situation becomes less likely as the tire ages. Did I say 7 year old tires are OLD!!!???

@Richpatty do you have a dashcam by any chance? My blackvue tags events such as impacts (higher g events than normal). If desired and you have one you could review your recorded video and see if it captured any events of interest.

I've hit so many potholes on my trip it is pathetic. The more I stay off the Interstate Hwy, the better the roads. We may need to bring back that shovel-ready project.

I have a dash cam, but don’t have it set for bumps…and I think mine was only designed to turn on when it sensed a bump…like in a parking lot. And, to be honest, the roads have so many bumps, it would be hard to tell which one did it. And I read somewhere last night that the bubble could form some time after the Initial injury, so that casts more doubt into figuring it out. 🤷‍♂️

My focus now is to find someone to come to the house and replace the front tires…and then determine next steps.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Rich

I have a dash cam, but don’t have it set for bumps…and I think mine was only designed to turn on when it sensed a bump…like in a parking lot. And, to be honest, the roads have so many bumps, it would be hard to tell which one did it. And I read somewhere last night that the bubble could form some time after the Initial injury, so that casts more doubt into figuring it out. 🤷‍♂️

My focus now is to find someone to come to the house and replace the front tires…and then determine next steps.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Rich
that and tell the missus that you’ll replace the tires in six years next time so all will be well.

that and tell the missus that you’ll replace the tires in six years next time so all will be well.
Ha! I will remember that if there is a next time! :)

Latest resources

Back