Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yea…. I thought that too…. :)

Just had Centramatics installed at Spartan. No issues with the inside tire sensors. I also run TST external sensors and doesn’t seem to be issue. FYI I run TST because onboard system was unreliable but they added another antenna so will see if that helps.

Had nail in tag axle tire and elected to replace instead of patch since tire was 4 years old and other tag tire was replaced 11 months ago under warranty. Cost $1147 for 315/80 Michelin

Hi Bill. Did you put them on all axels?

Hi Bill. Did you put them on all axels?
I did I know some don’t put on tag. Those are my newest tires, a year old so I put them on

OK. So we came home from our latest trip to the VA mountains and as my better half was guiding me into our driveway, she noticed something odd about our front, passenger tire...
Tire bulge 2.jpg

SOOO.... I am going to need a new tire ASAP... And since I don't want to drive this thing any further than I need to, I may have someone come and mount them in my driveway. And this definitely makes me want Rettrobands a bit more as I think I got lucky. Not really sure when this happened, but I did crawl under the RV and checked the tires before we left last week. So I feel it happened sometime on this trip (150 miles each way - and through a mountain pass on I77 - VA/NC border). 😰 I do not recall hitting any major potholes

I am not sure I will ever get my better half back in the RV as she has always been terrified of a blowout...and coming this close has spooked her. We will see what happens, but there is a chance we have taken our last trip.... :-/

I still need to get this repaired...so I will keep you posted. But this has definitely rocked my solid faith in Michelin tires. I am really leaning towards Toyo's now... I know this probably can happen to any tire, but I feel the Michelins are a bit softer than the other brands and this could be a result of this...

So do I just replace these two on the front and wait until March to replace the others (and put on Rettrobands? Or just get them all replaced now? I may not be rational at the moment...so I may think about this over the weekend.
FYI - Current tire dates are Mid 2016 so they are 7 years old.

Rich

1) If you have coach-net, they I believe will bring you a tire. If you added the tire service as I mentioned about a year ago when I learned of this, they will bring you a NEW tire.

2) Get rettrobands if it appeases the wife to continue your journey, and it sounds like you're going to do it anyway for your peace of mind, so that's a done deal.

3) Have a drink. If you don't drink, start now :)

I'm curious what a tire expert / truck tire facility will say caused something like that.

What is the current tire pressure in that tire?

I'd consider that tire a hazard and not to fool with it until an expert arrives.

1) If you have coach-net, they I believe will bring you a tire. If you added the tire service as I mentioned about a year ago when I learned of this, they will bring you a NEW tire.

2) Get rettrobands if it appeases the wife to continue your journey, and it sounds like you're going to do it anyway for your peace of mind, so that's a done deal.

3) Have a drink. If you don't drink, start now :)

I'm curious what a tire expert / truck tire facility will say caused something like that.

What is the current tire pressure in that tire?
1) I have Coachnet, but not the added tire coverage, so they will only bring one tire. Should replace pair anyway.

2) Will get Rettrobands if we continue to RV. There are other things going on with my son that are contributing to this decision outcome.... RVing has become pretty challenging.

3) Not a drinker... Does not agree with me. Will need to find an alternative activity to relax - not my strong point. :)

I googled for info on this and the common consensus is pot-hole type of of hazard...or some other thing I may have run over. It can be a defect, but I suspect a defect may have shown up earlier.

Pressure is 100 based on Freightliner weighing. Actually had it redone last year after solar and lithium were done.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Rich

I'd consider that tire a hazard and not to fool with it until an expert arrives.
I agree! I read that it could let go at any time. I even pushed down the jacks in case it goes, it will not drop to the rim.

Pressure is 100 based on Freightliner weighing. Actually had it redone last year after solar and lithium were done.
I was curious what your TMPS shows for the actual pressure in it now. I would not get near it to put a gauge on the valve stem. Just curious.

Roger that on all of the above and #3 was just a joke :)

Latest resources

Back