TSD Logistics shows what Good Sam is making off of us

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I want my Love's super cheap Diesel back
I'm guessing that the recent, precipitous drop in oil prices worldwide has something to do with this. The profit margins on diesel fuel have probably tightened up considerably as well. If this is the case, we can probably expect similar slimmer discounts from most or all fuel suppliers. Only in Catch 22 could you lose a penny on every sale and "make it up in volume." :ROFLMAO:

TJ

It’s my fault. I loaded my TSD card into the Loves app yesterday. Gomen nasai.

Please disregard previous (now deleted) message. I guess I didn't wait long enough for the account to reset. Just got logged back in. All is good.

TJ

Last edited:
It’s my fault. I loaded my TSD card into the Loves app yesterday. Gomen nasai.
Do itashi mashite!

TJ
Okay, upon further research it appears Love's pricing is not so good now. Maybe this is why we got the email from TSD to starting checking TA/Petro. What a shame but Love's may be in the rear view mirror now. Do your research on current pricing as best as you can in the EFS app. I knew I should have gone forward with that 50K gallon tanker stacker trailer.
So, is the price shown in the "Price Locator" function in the EFS app the actual discounted price? I'm thinking it must be. I did a price check in the Portland, Oregon, area and it showed the two TAs at $1.209 while the rest of the fuel stops in the area ranged from $2.249 to more than $3.00. Love's was $2.319.

Leave it to me to jump on the bandwagon as it is going off a cliff.

TJ

Last year I spent anywhere from $2.83 to $3.11 per gallon on my diesel. I targeted Pilot and Flying J to get my measly .09 discount.

So far this year due to the EFS card my average price per gallon is $1.56 per gallon. Today I'll be stopping at two TA's and paying $1.62 and $1.68. Once has a Love's next to it with a EFS price of $2.39!

I guess my point is this card is still saving me $60 to $70 per day so I am happy.

Looks like Love's is now fixed discount of $0.16/gal per the email just received. Guess the good ole days of nearly $1 off are over for Love's, for now at least. Time to find those TA/Petro locations now.

Tip: The EFS app is having issues today and I wasn’t able to login. I contacted TSD and they confirmed some issue. They said wait a couple of hours and try again. Given this, I would pre-plan my fuel stops the day before or morning of to check prices.

Did the Loves contract just get renewed or something? Anyone know? What’s the over/under on T/A reducing their discount at first opportunity?

I got the same e-mail and suspect TSD is kind of paving the road to a new reality. With oil prices at near-historic lows (when adjusted for inflation), the days of $1 off discounts from pump prices are probably over for a while. There's just not that much margin for fuel dealers anymore.

And, I'm guessing that TA discounts will soon follow suit. That said, I'm still thankful for $.16 discounts off the pump prices.

TJ

Same email here also. I agree with @TJ&LadyDi and will be happy with what ever discounts I can get. I have noticed for about 2 weeks posted price for Loves was not discounted as much. Now I know why

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back