RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Can someone recommend where I can purchase the rubber grommets that holds the metal valve stem in place. These rubber grommets hold the valve stem from the inner rim in place on the outer rim. The current rubber valve stem grommet stabilizers slips off over time. You can see in the picture below the valve stem is damaging the rim
as a result of the grommet popping out. I've pushed the ones pictured back in place but over time they pop out.

IMG_2574.jpg

You can get them at Freightliner too. I carried spares.

I had the same problem and my last visit to Gaffney they had to replace both valve stems on the drive axle tires which they covered as the grommet issue is a long standing one. You can try one of two things to get them to stay:
  • mix a little dish soap with water and put that around the edges then reinstall the grommet
  • Put silicone glue around it (this worked on my last fix)
And yes, you can get these from FL, not sure if other places such as etrailer.com but you need to know the specifics of your rim to get the right grommet. Measure the length, width...

My first mistake was using a flow thru TST tire sensor (too heavy). I've since switched to the non flow thru on these stems, so far so good. In hindsight I would never get the flow thru's again, not needed. You're either going to twist a cap off or a sensor off, same diff...

I'll add the anti theft device isn't that great either. I use the anti theft on my jeep. When I had the tire rotated the tech removed them and check tire pressure and yes they were tight. How? He just pulled outward on the anti theft cover which makes it tight against the sensor and it unscrews. Screwed it back on by pushing in the opposite direction. So much for anti theft, removed them.

I never used them and you have to be able to take these off for car washes. I had one break at a car wash. And if the kids running the car wash try to take them off...moral is has anyone had one stolen? Same with locking gas caps, locking surge protectors, locking water softeners, locking autoformers and you know my kayak is NOT LOCKED and it's rare, extremely valuable, PLEASE STEAL IT!

Latest resources

Back