• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Verify your ITR OASIS Two Electric Burners are working

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The test in this thread requires 50A service otherwise GEN power. Not 30A service.
Explain please. Why wouldn't this test still show a second amperage increase on a 30A service when AC2 is activated?

TJ

Last edited:
@TJ&LadyDi I tested mine on 30a service and worked. I think you need to be aware that if nearing 30a overall load you could have a load shed situation which could affect your reading.

@TJ&LadyDi I tested mine on 30a service and worked. I think you need to be aware that if nearing 30a overall load you could have a load shed situation which could affect your reading.
That makes sense, @NWIP; the test, itself, should work UNLESS you pull enough power to exceed 30A and cause a load shed. Thanks, Bill.

TJ

Explain please. Why wouldn't this test still show a second amperage increase on a 30A service when AC2 is activated?

I believe when you are on 30A you are only using one line of L1 and L2. 50A is 2 x 30A lines, no? When I was on the phone with ITR they told me that it had to be 50 and I assume because of this. I believe too that when you're on 30A you can ONLY use AC I and NOT AC I/II.

I’m stumped.
Today I opened the main panel and checked all leads with wolf meter. Both L1 and L2 are getting 120V.
But on the Power Control Monitor, I’m getting L2 7V like the picture I posed yesterday.
Turned off the shore power and fired up the generator. No change. L1 shows 7V. Any ideas?

@Buly I think this warrants a new thread on the topic of your problem. I suggest using the salesman switch to kill 12V power to reset your EMS but again maybe a new thread to focus on this problem.

I believe when you are on 30A you are only using one line of L1 and L2. 50A is 2 x 30A lines, no? When I was on the phone with ITR they told me that it had to be 50 and I assume because of this. I believe too that when you're on 30A you can ONLY use AC I and NOT AC I/II.
Hmmmm. I have a 30A service here at the sticks-and-bricks that I have the MADP plugged into currently and I am able to use both AC1 and AC2 on it. At least, both indicator lights are on and it keeps the coach as warm as I think it should with both elements on. We are plugged in using a 50A-to-30A adapter that splits the power to each leg (L1 & L2). I wonder if that makes a difference?

TJ

In my coach for example you can put the switch to AC I/II but only one leg exists on 30A service. @Chuggs maybe you can chime in? The green light will come on but it doesn't mean you have both heating elements in use. I really don't know how the 30A works between L1 and L2. Maybe something manages which path the trons take. Thinking about how Air Conditioners on the roof handle this, I don't think everything is on just one line so I'm stumped.

Just checked mine AC1 increase 12a L2, AC1/2 increase 10A L1, these were my results on 30A service. I had an increase of amperage L2 when selecting AC1 and increase of amperage on L1 when selecting AC1/2 which I am assuming is really just turning on the second heating element.

My understanding of Oasis AC heating elements is 1 element provides approximately 5000 BTUs and other element 10,000 BTUs for 15000 BTUs with both active. I would of thought that amperage draw would be slightly different between the 2 elements but saw 10a increase for each.

Just trying to understand the system and now starting to question what I thought I knew?‍♂️

My understanding heating elements are 5000 BTU each (net 10K BTU when using AC I/II). The burner is 50K BTU.

Latest resources

Back